Counties Manukau District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Counties Manukau District Health Board Employee Review

Dealing with keen intelligent interesting hard working people.

27 November 2012
My job was transporting Staff and goods between Manukau Super Clinic and Middlemore Hospital starting at 7 AM and the service finished at 6 PM . A team of four drivers covered the the whole day and run the service on a 30 minute time period where a van left both places on the half hour . This was set up to provide a regular shuttle service for staff and the transfer of important medical products throughout the day and the release of hospital vehicles for more important roles.
We drove between the Hospitals providing safe passage for staff and goods and while the regular driving was sometimes boring the relationships built with staff were a bonus as we become part of their regular days commuting .

The other drivers where reliable and cheerful and Management involvement was minimal as we were all there to do a good job and be good at what we did.

I enjoyed the contact with other Hospital Staff and their professional

attitude to their work under sometimes trying conditions and long hours.

I learn`t how hard the Medical Staff worked had wonderful conversations with people from all over the world.

The job was contracted out to a Bus Company so my I was no longer required .
Pros
clean conditions and friendly staff.
Cons
part time and job contracted out to bus company after a years successful trial.
9 May 2020
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) - Manukau
Working at counties manukau dhb has a great population of need. The demands on clinicians is high; however nurses are not paid enough to reflect the demands. The opportunity to develop through your career is slow progression; people currently in management are not always available go observe the dedicated workers. There is a supportive culture; that is good to embrace; to Improve the health disparities. Thanks.

I believe there is a need for mire pacific and diverse leadership at counties manukau to
21 February 2018
Same location
STUDENT MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
Great experience gained as a student with diverse cases and skills required. Have confidence to work anywhere after training here. Majority of work colleagues are friendly and supportive, sharing their knowledge and experience.
Pros
Diversity
18 June 2017
Same location
Primary & Community Coordinator (PCHIS) (Former Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
An amazing place to work, the work life culture is so huge with always having the opportunity to meet someone from another culture is amazing.

Always people around to help you out if you are lost.

Friendly staff - co workers and many departments to look into working.
Pros
Amazing place of many people
Cons
Possible paying for carparking at Middlemore