Counties Manukau District Health Board
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Counties Manukau District Health Board Employee Review

Friendly work colleagues

21 February 2018
Great experience gained as a student with diverse cases and skills required. Have confidence to work anywhere after training here. Majority of work colleagues are friendly and supportive, sharing their knowledge and experience.
Pros
Diversity
9 May 2020
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) - Manukau
Working at counties manukau dhb has a great population of need. The demands on clinicians is high; however nurses are not paid enough to reflect the demands. The opportunity to develop through your career is slow progression; people currently in management are not always available go observe the dedicated workers. There is a supportive culture; that is good to embrace; to Improve the health disparities. Thanks.

I believe there is a need for mire pacific and diverse leadership at counties manukau to
18 June 2017
Same location
Primary & Community Coordinator (PCHIS) (Former Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
An amazing place to work, the work life culture is so huge with always having the opportunity to meet someone from another culture is amazing.

Always people around to help you out if you are lost.

Friendly staff - co workers and many departments to look into working.
Pros
Amazing place of many people
Cons
Possible paying for carparking at Middlemore
5 March 2016
implementing McKesson AWM and WSM (Current Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
My day can be varied. Some days I am involved in rolling out the McKesson AWM and WSM modules to areas within the hospital. Other days I have scheduled formal training for new users to McKesson ANSOS OneStaff . I have 5 sessions with one group over a period of 5 days each training lasting between 90 minutes and 2 hours. Other days I am problem solving issues encountered by staff using the new modules.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication within the Team
Pros
Staff discounts from external businesses
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of staff