Crowne Plaza Hotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

New Zealand18 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,404 reviews

Not the greatest place to work

If you are an islnder then this job is for you. House keeping is majority Tongans and Samoans. Management is really good, just be honest. Rotating rosters, so flexibility is a must. Cheap parking ad you get a free meal,but the meal isn't the greatest. But for a student or visa worker I would recommend.

Pros

Free lunches cheap parking

Cons

Too many Islanders that gossip.

Productive and fun

Loved working at the Crowne Plaza hotel and interacting with all staff members from all different departments, crowne really looked after there staff members and the trainers that train every new attendant are absolutely helpfuljust the wages were to low for a room attendant position back in 2016 it was not enough to survive

Pros

Free lunches, uniforms name tag locker provided

Cons

The rate was low

Amazing experience

Productive and a very nice place to work. nice work culture and very supportive leaders and colleagues. career growth is still to be seen. very functional

Team And Management

To ensure a high standard of professional appearance and hygiene all the time. To ensure cleanliness and orderliness is maintained in assigned areas. To have complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel policy relating to the fire, hygiene, health and safety. To respond to any changes in housekeeping function as dictated by the company hotel and policy. To clean the room according to the standards. Reporting all the necessary things to immediate supervisor.

Be yourself, push boundaries,be one step ahead

Amazing team and superiors, no two days are the same, Have to be willing to put in that extra effort and a desire to learn. BEING able to work under pressure is a plus.

Not good environmental

Not a good environment, Not support, Not fare payment. Management very but and rude Not properly training Very stressful a demanding without support. Not career support for the employees Operation manager harassing people to not get or plying for any position if she decided dice for somebody to els

Happy working

I'm working @crown plaza Hotel in Auckland since 2018 I'm still working so im very lucky to have a crown plaza Hotel group. Good management sistem for the staff

Pros

We have lunch male

Cons

Actually we work only 8 hours a day

No appreciation for whatever you do

I would like to say good place to work with but no recognition for whatever good things you done for the company. They heavily rely on the guest comments. If guests mention your name then you are the best. Otherwise u are nothing for them even though you done a lot for the company.

Pros

Free lunch

Fun and challenging

A very good work Place at first, very trustíng which is great and we all fet´lt like family to me, even the big boss made sure to know all of our names and we all hugged eachother at the end of the day.

first time reception

Great experience, worked with some friendly colleagues. Throughout the 3 months of being there, I did learn so much about the front office position and I feel it is a job I truly love it was just unfortunate that I could not get along with everyone there.

Pros

free food

Cons

lack of training

Good work place

good work environment, however staff was a little lazy. Working hours were rediculous as they didn’t considered the amount of time you need in between shifts

Good

Good job experience very professional in always. get to learn regarding lots of corporate clients. Airlines. Very great to work as a work experience. Staff culture awesome.

It is a place where you can dine and eat and enjoy food

I would recommend this place to anyone to go and eat food open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. the workplace culture was a good environment to work in.

Hospitality

Duty of Group Coordinator: Maintain relationship with customer, up to arrival, for all matters pertaining to guest room usage, including tracking and managing the inventory for individual call-in groups  Prepare and submit group rooms recap reports, including the tracking/posting of group comps, and rebate/commission calculations.  Establish initial contact with customer at file turnover with excellent customer service skills

It was a great place to work. The team at that CP were outstanding.

Every day was a new challenge, no two day were the same. I was able to put my extreme customer service into play and reaped the benefits of that. That team was the best bunch of people I have ever had the privilege to work with. The 12 to 14 hour days were a bit much at times. The people and the comradeship were the things that I will remember. Thank you CP/ Park Royal.

Pros

Meeting many different people from all cultures

Cons

Long hours due to staff not coming in or calling "sick".

professional and fun workplace

meeting different people everyday, most enjoyable part is when we have famous people staying at the hotel the management were very professional in all aspect get along well with my co-workers.

Pros

company provide free lunches and breakfast

Cons

shift work

I love my Job

Sometimes frustrates when co-workers just try to kill time & avoid work.

Pros

food avail when at work

Cons

control

im a hard worker and im a friendly person

hardworker ,ive learned much experience from this job and im a friendly person and im verry happy to work as a group.

Pros

free lunches and discount

Cons

40hrs a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Crowne Plaza Hotel