Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 3,541 reviews
Not good environmental
Housekeeping,receptionist (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland25 October 2019
Not a good environment,
Not support,
Not fare payment.
Management very but and rude
Not properly training
Very stressful a demanding without support.
Not career support for the employees
Operation manager harassing people to not get or plying for any position if she decided dice for somebody to els
No appreciation for whatever you do
Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Auckland2 July 2019
I would like to say good place to work with but no recognition for whatever good things you done for the company. They heavily rely on the guest comments. If guests mention your name then you are the best. Otherwise u are nothing for them even though you done a lot for the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun and challenging
FOOD & BEVERAGE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago6 January 2019
A very good work Place at first, very trustíng which is great and we all fet´lt like family to me, even the big boss made sure to know all of our names and we all hugged eachother at the end of the day.
Es un buen Hotel/Restaurante
Bartender/Mesero (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Nueva Zelanda3 September 2018
Porque tiene un buen ambiente laboral, es un restaurante muy agradable y con muy buena comida.
Pros
Tenia seguro
Cons
Muchas horas de trabajo
first time reception
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago22 July 2018
Great experience, worked with some friendly colleagues. Throughout the 3 months of being there, I did learn so much about the front office position and I feel it is a job I truly love it was just unfortunate that I could not get along with everyone there.
Pros
free food
Cons
lack of training
Long days
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 May 2018
Friendly people to work with and you can learn a lot from other colleagues. Has a variety of different Ethnic backgrounds.
Hardest part of my job is not getting the support to progress to the next level in the required field that I am currently working in and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to do what I love to do.
Pros
Free lunch, discount parking, free laundering of uniforms
Cons
Long hours, Minimum Wage
Good work place
Banquets Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland15 February 2018
good work environment, however staff was a little lazy. Working hours were rediculous as they didn’t considered the amount of time you need in between shifts
Good
Guest Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland15 February 2018
Good job experience very professional in always. get to learn regarding lots of corporate clients. Airlines. Very great to work as a work experience. Staff culture awesome.
It is a place where you can dine and eat and enjoy food
hotel Christchurch New Zealand worked as Chef (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury20 November 2017
I would recommend this place to anyone to go and eat food open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. the workplace culture was a good environment to work in.
Hospitality
Groups Reservation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland19 March 2017
Duty of Group Coordinator:

Maintain relationship with customer, up to arrival, for all matters pertaining to guest room usage, including tracking and managing the inventory for individual call-in groups
 Prepare and submit group rooms recap reports, including the tracking/posting of group comps, and rebate/commission calculations.
 Establish initial contact with customer at file turnover with excellent customer service skills
It was a great place to work. The team at that CP were outstanding.
Senior Guest Service Member (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 January 2017
Every day was a new challenge, no two day were the same.
I was able to put my extreme customer service into play and reaped the benefits of that.
That team was the best bunch of people I have ever had the privilege to work with.
The 12 to 14 hour days were a bit much at times.
The people and the comradeship were the things that I will remember.

Thank you CP/ Park Royal.
Pros
Meeting many different people from all cultures
Cons
Long hours due to staff not coming in or calling "sick".
High intensity work environment in the thick of the hotel industry
Group Reservations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 January 2017
Crowne Plaza Auckland is mainly a business hotel, with the leisure groups promenant in peak season meaning a persistent minimum occupancy of 80% all year. It is a vert fast pace high intensity job to coordinate group accommodation bookings with many different aspects and characters juggle. As it is only one person to handle the emails, calls, amendments etc it is very important to keep note and to make lists in order to stay on top. It is also important to liaise with almost every department within the hotel as the groups definitely will affect their sectors - maintaining good relationships with each department is very important. Crowne Plaza auckland was great to strengthen my experience within the hotel sector and to give extra knowledge on the accommodation side of hospitality.
Pros
Complimentary meal per shift and dry cleaned uniforms
professional and fun workplace
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland9 August 2016
meeting different people everyday, most enjoyable part is when we have famous people staying at the hotel the management were very professional in all aspect get along well with my co-workers.
Pros
company provide free lunches and breakfast
Cons
shift work
great workplace
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland8 June 2016
great environment. learned to manage stuff and things. was my first job. so thanks for giving me start up. the co workers were very helpful.
Pros
great food
Cons
no as such
Good workplace
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago20 April 2016
Good place to work and ideal company. Learned quite a bit about the hospitality industry in NZ and the type of guests that once can expect. Multi cultural work place, with people coming from around the world and working.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Communication
stressful and tired job
Receptionist & Concierge (Former Employee) –  Auckland14 April 2016
very freestyle organisation culture and had pressure to improve team and yourself,

Bad training program, doesn't have training procedure. learnt from junior who only worked for 4~5months.

If you have lots of experience and get used to hospitality life, then should be aright but not recommended for junior, not many chance to promote.
Pros
free lunch
fun working over there
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland13 April 2016
working there is tough but its fun working there with multi cultural people. I love working there because all the management team as well as the co workers are very friendly and helpful. They help me when i do have any problems and support and motivate me.
Pros
free lunch and uniform
Cons
long hour shifts
great place to work at
Room Attendant (housekeeping) (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N22 May 2014
great place to work at,
supportive team
easy to learn
good training
Nice management
Food and Beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, S20 January 2014
They have nice induction programme and give enough training.
Nice and friendly co workers and great team work.
fun place to work at
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  auckland city10 September 2013
What I have learnt was to set up the rooms that was required. it was quite physical and on-going
Pros
nice free lunch
Cons
supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K