Crowne Plaza Hotel
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland16 reviews
If you are an islnder then this job is for you. House keeping is majority Tongans and Samoans. Management is really good, just be honest. Rotating rosters, so flexibility is a must. Cheap parking ad you get a free meal,but the meal isn't the greatest. But for a student or visa worker I would recommend.
Pros
Free lunches cheap parking
Cons
Too many Islanders that gossip.
Amazing team and superiors, no two days are the same, Have to be willing to put in that extra effort and a desire to learn. BEING able to work under pressure is a plus.
Not a good environment, Not support, Not fare payment. Management very but and rude Not properly training Very stressful a demanding without support. Not career support for the employees Operation manager harassing people to not get or plying for any position if she decided dice for somebody to els
I'm working @crown plaza Hotel in Auckland since 2018 I'm still working so im very lucky to have a crown plaza Hotel group. Good management sistem for the staff
Pros
We have lunch male
Cons
Actually we work only 8 hours a day
I would like to say good place to work with but no recognition for whatever good things you done for the company. They heavily rely on the guest comments. If guests mention your name then you are the best. Otherwise u are nothing for them even though you done a lot for the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Friendly people to work with and you can learn a lot from other colleagues. Has a variety of different Ethnic backgrounds. Hardest part of my job is not getting the support to progress to the next level in the required field that I am currently working in and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to do what I love to do.
Pros
Free lunch, discount parking, free laundering of uniforms
Cons
Long hours, Minimum Wage
good work environment, however staff was a little lazy. Working hours were rediculous as they didn’t considered the amount of time you need in between shifts
Good job experience very professional in always. get to learn regarding lots of corporate clients. Airlines. Very great to work as a work experience. Staff culture awesome.
Duty of Group Coordinator: Maintain relationship with customer, up to arrival, for all matters pertaining to guest room usage, including tracking and managing the inventory for individual call-in groups  Prepare and submit group rooms recap reports, including the tracking/posting of group comps, and rebate/commission calculations.  Establish initial contact with customer at file turnover with excellent customer service skills
Crowne Plaza Auckland is mainly a business hotel, with the leisure groups promenant in peak season meaning a persistent minimum occupancy of 80% all year. It is a vert fast pace high intensity job to coordinate group accommodation bookings with many different aspects and characters juggle. As it is only one person to handle the emails, calls, amendments etc it is very important to keep note and to make lists in order to stay on top. It is also important to liaise with almost every department within the hotel as the groups definitely will affect their sectors - maintaining good relationships with each department is very important. Crowne Plaza auckland was great to strengthen my experience within the hotel sector and to give extra knowledge on the accommodation side of hospitality.
Pros
Complimentary meal per shift and dry cleaned uniforms
Cons
very freestyle organisation culture and had pressure to improve team and yourself, Bad training program, doesn't have training procedure. learnt from junior who only worked for 4~5months. If you have lots of experience and get used to hospitality life, then should be aright but not recommended for junior, not many chance to promote.
Pros
free lunch
working there is tough but its fun working there with multi cultural people. I love working there because all the management team as well as the co workers are very friendly and helpful. They help me when i do have any problems and support and motivate me.
Pros
free lunch and uniform
Cons
long hour shifts
great place to work at, supportive team easy to learn good training
What I have learnt was to set up the rooms that was required. it was quite physical and on-going
Pros
nice free lunch
Cons
supervisor
my co workers are very helful.the hardest part is that i am vegetarion but most of foods items are non veg here
Pros
free meals
Cons
8 hours
hardworker ,ive learned much experience from this job and im a friendly person and im verry happy to work as a group.
Pros
free lunches and discount
Cons
40hrs a week