CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer

CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Great team but overwhelming

They offered great training. The supervisors really cared about you and they were easy to talk to. The pay was high, but coming into 20-30 new claims because they don’t operate on weekends was tough on everyone.

18 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. An excellent benefit of working at CSAA is that we truly care about our associates. As a company, we are committed to providing a positive experience for all of our associates. It is wonderful to hear that you found the training rewarding. CSAA has taken special care to design these learning programs to ensure that associates develop the skills they need to perform their roles successfully. We value your feedback as we are always looking for opportunities to grow and learn more.

Flexible

The company has embraced the flexible work environment and the pay is pretty good, but management is dismal, every claims job is essentially a call center job, the service provided makes it that I would never get this insurance for myself.

18 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review along with your feedback. At CSAA, we understand the importance of providing a positive work environment and are committed to fostering a culture of respect and support. We take all feedback seriously and are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more.If you need any help making the right connections to discuss your concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to your local Human Resources representative for assistance.

na

great job and pay, long hours but compensated well. fully remote many meetings. attentive staff, great training. they really push you up for greatness.

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience with CSAA. Building a positive experience for all our associates is what we aspire to every day.

Poor management

Even though it’s a call center, they don’t run it like a call center. No set guidelines and management doesn’t know how to manage people. They talk down to you as if you are their child. Pay is above insurance sales industry. But not all money is good money. CSAA send all management to management training on how to deal with staff. Set guidelines and stick to them from day one.

16 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, along with your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. One of the advantages of working at CSAA is that we truly care about our associates. At CSAA, we understand the value of providing a positive and productive workplace and are committed to fostering a culture of respect and support. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more. Please contact Human Resources if you still have the opportunity to do so.

Wonderful company!!

The Company Culture at CSAA IG is UNMATCHED!! They truly care about their employees and it goes so beyond the benefits you are given. They have ALL kinds of INCLUSIVE programs to support the physical, mental, and social well being. They PAY US AND HELP US TO BE HEALTHY!! Not even kidding. I started as a WFH Contractor and was able to apply for a Permanent position within 5 months and once my contract was over they switched me over to WFH FTE with full benefits! I didn't have to worry as I my position was ready. THEY give everyone that puts 110% a chance. In the past, I've had to leave jobs because of the TOXIC culture toward the LGBTQIA Community and People of Color. NOT HERE! They value amd appreciate ALL their employees. So many perks, for instance Telehome workers get a $50 stipend toward their ISP! My coworkers, managers, supervisors, etc ROCK! If you care about helping others, this is the place for you!

10 September 2022
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and we agree that CSAA is a great place to work! An excellent benefit of working with CSAA is that we truly care about our associates and members. Our associates are a key component of our organizational strategy and have an unparalleled passion for providing value and excellence in meeting the needs of our members. CSAA is committed to fostering a respectful and collaborative culture. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and focus on total associate wellness. We are proud of the culture we have built together and hope that CSAA will be a place where associates can grow their careers and reach new heights with us. Thank you for your dedication to CSAA and our members!

Used to be AAA

But the reputation this company once had as the go-to for help on the road is only a selling point for its quest toward dramatic growth and riches for the ex-Allstate CEO. Watch. It should be horrifying.

10 September 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. Should you be available to do so, please contact Human Resources to discuss your review in further detail.

Coldhearted, fire you without notice or communication

The pitch they provide is good about quality of quantity but they don't mean what they say. Throughout my occupation with them and mistakes I caught and lifes I help save, I was let go without a warning and all my computer access was cut off and I thought I had computer problems and they just let me go without saying anything. Agency they hire through called me to inform me after many attempts of trying to access the system. They let me work 4 hours and then cut me off. They keep training so you are replaceable with the next. No security at anytime you can be let go without a notice of any kind. They demand higher out put with system crashes repeatedly.

3 August 2022
Thank you for your feedback. Should you be available to do so, please reach out to Human Resources to discuss your concerns.

they expect too much from the employees- my co-workers were outstanding

since csaa has gone in a different direction from when I started all I did was open claims do what I could and then send to another adjuster to do the follow up

3 August 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you felt this way while working with us. Our goal is to ensure all employees have the support they need and look for continuous improvement opportunities. If you are still able to do so, please reach out to Human Resources to share any details about your experience with us.

DEI and Volunteers

Although my work left downstairs awful I will say that this is a company that is focused focused on diversity discipline inclusion as well as making sure that employees are involved in their community.

Pros

Work From home, diversity and inclusion, being an inclusion, great with volunteer opportunities, training

Cons

Middle manager seemed to keep failing up while members of their team never get promoted

15 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It is great to hear that the work-life balance, training, and commitment to our communities are some of the highlights of working with CSAA. We are frequently recognized for being a leader in inclusion and belonging, and leadership development. We are disappointed that you feel there are no opportunities for upward mobility within CSAA. We want you to feel supported and encourage our associates to have regular conversations about growth opportunities with their managers. If you have any suggestions that you feel would contribute to your growth please feel free to reach out to your Manager or the HR team - we are always open to suggestions.

Unorganized and unprofessional

This company will not last. They have “old school ways” and are not progressing toward the culture and future. The management is extremely “groupy” and catty. They focus on opinion rather than fact, and bully employees with constant write ups and firing which prevent career development and keeps employees in a state of fear. My whole team was like this. The stress level at this particular company is horrible. Ive NEVER worked for a company that treats employees so badly, and again, its a management issue. Sadly each Csaa facility does things “their way” so there is absolutely no true conformity, solidarity or even accountability as everything is “oh thats just how they do it there in Vegas”.

13 June 2022
We are deeply disappointed to hear that you felt bullied or fearful in any way while you were working with us. Your description does not reflect the CSAA Insurance Group we are striving for. We never want any of our employees to feel disrespected. Our goal is to ensure all employees have the support they need. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the details of your experience. If you are still available to do so, please reach out to the CSAA Insurance Group HR department so that we can discuss further.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer?

Not Enough Training

I took this job with almost no insurance knowledge and so did 90% of my classmates. We were told we would have 15 weeks of training but that turned out to be wrong. We had 5 weeks or classroom training and it simply was not enough. Especially cause some of our classroom time was wasted on things like how to use Microsoft Word, benefits seminar, etc. We needed more training in general insurance terms but most of all more training in how to actually use CSAA systems for when customers call. We were pretty much set up to fail. Not only did we have to start taking calls on week 5 but we were also expected to take a licensing test in two weeks also….when we are already struggling already to learn how to navigate their system and find information for customers. INSANE. I would not recommend this job to anyone who isn’t already in insurance.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Hours and Schedule

15 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is good to see that you found the offered benefits as a pro while working with us. We agree to prepare our associates to help Members is paramount to our success. Our goal is to assure all associates have access to the tools and support they need to be successful. If you would like to further discuss your experience with CSAA, please contact Human Resources. We value your input and we will use your feedback to identify areas for improvement.

The company overwhelms you with work so much that there is no possible way to complete it all

My manager never cared about my growth there as an employee and seem to just want to fire me instead of helping me. I WAS TREATED UNFAIRLY and many other employees there was treated unfairly as well. High turn over rate. This employer by far was the worst Ive ever worked for.

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

15 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry that you felt this way while working with us. At CSAA, we understand the importance of providing a positive and supportive work environment. We strive to provide development opportunities for our associates through career advancement, work expansion, and external learning opportunities. We take all feedback seriously and are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more. Please contact Human Resources if you would like to discuss your time at CSAA in more detail.

Alright

The job has a lot of nice and caring people and they are very big on remaining inclusive which is nice to see. There is a lot of stress and pressure put on you to promote with every call and it’s looked down on if you don’t. In training it was mentioned there would be an opportunity to build your own schedule but that’s not really what it is and you don’t really get to do so, the schedule I was given was hard on me and I had developed a lot of stress and anxiety from it. There is no work life balance whatsoever and that is pretty disappointing.

15 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We agree CSAA has wonderful associates! As a team, we have created an environment where you can look forward to working with people who take pride in their work and care about supporting the team. We are disappointed to hear about the overall pressures you felt while working with us. We value your input and appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for opportunities to improve and learn more. Please reach out to Human Resources if you would like to discuss your time with CSAA.

Great company

Great people and company. Very positive environment, supportive and inclusive. Everyone is invested in your development and success. Opportunity to work remotely

29 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. An excellent benefit of working with CSAA is that we truly care about our associates and members. We are proud of the culture we have created together, and hope CSAA will be a place for associates to grow their careers and advance to new heights with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Overall, a good company to work for. Fair, structured & competitive wages.

Job itself is busy and can be stressful. Good time management is a must. Upper management tends to pay more attention to the "numbers" versus what their employees are saying they need.

Pros

Company made you feel appreciated.

Cons

Insurance claims in general can be a stressful job.

13 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. An excellent benefit of working with CSAA is that we truly care about our associates and members. We are proud of the culture we have created together, and hope CSAA will be a place for associates to grow their careers and advance to new heights with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Exhausting Work Environment, Cruel Customers, and Dishonest Training

During the interview there was a lot of talk about how great the workplace culture is and I was super excited to pursue a career with CSAA. For positives, their employee culture is very diverse and accepting, and there are some nice discounts and wellness perks as well. Pay and benefits are competitive, but you will earn every single penny of it. The first month was all virtual “academy” training. The material was dense and challenging but the trainer I had was kind, patient, and engaging so I remained invested in the work. When my hire group began supervised call taking, none of us felt prepared to be working on policies yet. They claim you have a ton of support during this “nesting” phase of training, but I waited upwards of 30 minutes for help any time I asked, rarely got actual solutions, and some of the coaches were rude and condescending. Customers for the most part use employees as punching bags, taking out all their frustrations, screaming, cursing, and belittling. You will receive no support from managers in these instances and they won’t hesitate to throw you under the bus and backtrack everything you said to the customer previously. Additionally, the workload is absolutely grueling. You are not given enough time to breathe in between calls, let alone actually take the time to help the customer. They tell you all through training to “do right by the customer” and that “CSAA isn’t worried about metrics, take the time you need for each issue on the call,” and “there’s no pressure to make sales.” That is just not the reality of the job. It is incredibly metrics-driven -

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, diverse and accepting employee culture, good trainers, work from home, equipment provided

Cons

Abusive customers, unrealistic metric expectations, high stress, not enough training and support, inflexible scheduling, difficult to get time off, expected to work weekends and holidays, expected to work nights

15 June 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at CSAA. It is good to hear that you found the discounts, associate wellness, overall compensation, and our diverse culture as positives! We are sorry you did not have a great experience during your time here, and it is true that working at CSAA is not for everyone. CSAA is committed to fostering a respectful and collaborative culture. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and focus on total associate wellness. We also understand the importance of providing a positive, productive, and supportive work environment. We strive to give you all the tools and resources needed to be successful in your position. Nothing is perfect and we are constantly looking for opportunities to learn and improve. If you would like to discuss your review, feel free to contact Human Resources.

Great place to work! The company is very inclusive. The managers are great, they really work with you to help you be successful.

29 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your time with us! Creating a positive experience for all of our Associates is what we strive for every day.

Good pay but no work/life balance

Do not work here unless you want to work weekends and late a night, no balance between work and home life at all. Good pay. Goals they put in place are unattainable,

13 March 2022
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We agree that working weekends can be challenging, but we greatly appreciate it! We are committed to excellence in everything we do to help our members and to achieve our mission, many roles require being available to best support our Members. We are always looking for opportunities to improve. Please reach out to HR if you are still available to do so.

Micromanaging claims environment. Leadership that doesn't care or listen to ideas. Overwhelming workload and measures that are difficult to meet.

Micromanaging claims environment constantly creates roadblocks in the way of their people's success in the job role and metrics being measured against. Many of the claims processes are not designed with the customer in mind and are decades behind the industry. No one in leadership wants to hear suggestions or attempt something different, even though nearly every claims person can agree the structure of their operations isn't working. Customers are leaving and employees that are overwhelmed are being forced out, only to be replaced with people being managed under a call center environment versus as claims professionals.

Pros

12 paid holidays Promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment

Cons

Overwhelming workload, Lack of flexibility with employees, claims environment that sets their organization up for failure, Management that is not engaged or consistent between centers

13 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you recognize our commitment to diversity and inclusion for all employees. It is disappointing that you felt there was a lack of support from the leadership team. We are always looking for opportunities to improve, please reach out to Human Resources to discuss your concerns, if you are still available to do so.

I know it's getting more rare to work for a company that cares about it's customers and it's employees. I am so happy I found one

We're well compensated and supported with generous benefits and that helps us to in turn take better care of our customers. For the most part the leadership is sincere and well intentioned. We are continuously looking to improve and invest in innovation. The people are the best part of the job. You've never felt more supported.

Pros

Generous benefits including ample vacation.

Cons

Existing talent can be overlooked / under appreciated, Specifically there aren't enough advancement opportunities, You are given greater responsibilities and applauded for your success but never promoted.

25 February 2022
Thanks for highlighting the benefits, compensation, and supportive CSAA family as some of the highlights of your time with us. We are disappointed you feel there are limited opportunities for advancement. CSAA is proud of its hard-working team and provides associates with tools to progress their careers. If you need assistance finding the right contacts to discuss your concerns, please contact your local HR representative. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

A rapidly transforming company with vision and a heart

Executive leadership has painted a compelling picture of where we want to be a decade from now, and the whole company has rallied around the things to get us there. It's exciting to see a whole company mobilized to a common goal and embracing change. It's also great to see that no matter how much things change with the times, the heart and soul of the company remain - the focus on our people, our communities, our policyholders remains unwavering.

Pros

energizing environment, safe to try new things, opportunities for advancement and growth

Cons

pace is demanding, challenging to choose where to focus with so many things going on at once

2 March 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer