Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 26 March 2020

DHL Employee Reviews

Average job
As a temp the staff were mostly helpful and nice. Then there were staff who lack communication with me and talks to the manager instead. This is poor communication skills and almost like backstabbing. Some of them would tell me I'm too slow when I'm working - COMMUNICATE!!! and ask if I need help. They made such a big fuss over me supposedly fixing make up in the toilet while I work when I wasn't then decided to cut me off because Im too slow. Not a particularly good company to work for long term as they dont allow you to grow and progress in other areas of the company. Some of them are rude and can lack basic communication skills.
Best employer of the choice
DHL has been one of leading logistics brand in international business. The culture and development expand employee capability to perform well within organization.
I love working for this company
Team was excellent to work with. Lots of travelling involved for me to cover other staff membets through out new zealand. Sa to leave due to redundancy
Good entry level place
If you're looking for an entry into the workforce it's a good place to start for experience, somewhere to broaden your network and there is opportunity to advance in the company too
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
No guarantee of work
I just need extra money to paid my bills
I just need a extra part time for extra money to help my family plus i need exercise for my future..and i like to take this job cause its good for my health..and im looking the good time for its start 6pm if yous have any shift on that time..please
good company
Christchurch Dhl express has a very small team which make working together easier and more enjoyable. Very fast paced job. Would recommend to others to work for.
The enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and also taking on new challenges. I've learned how to use different equipment and also new skills that will help me in the future.
tiene un mal ambiente laboral
Cuenta con un mal ambiente laboral, desorden y desorganización
Pros
buenas prestaciones
Cons
Desorden y desorganización
Not really the best place to work for
Throughout the experience of me working at this place i will honestly aay that i wouldn't recommend anyone to actually work with DHL. The managers are always rude and they don't really wanna teach new people.
very productive
Very dynamic and productive team to work with. Good work culture with an excellent set of people. busy to work but it is a good place to work for long time
friendly work place
easy and consistent work throughout the week, good pay and evenly timed lunch breaks and friendly people who they hav looked after at my time at DHL.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not a good place for me to work
The place was too cold and we have to wait for the courier van or trucks to be arrived. Sometimes we have to work late because of the traffic. It was a busy job
Pros
discount for all the staff
Cons
the warehouse is too cold
time a dhl
i started off being a temp fro drake international working at Dhl nz and that was my first job , i worked being a temp for one whole year before DHL hired me . i worked as aa storemans person and not long after that i become a Leading Hand . i enjoyed most of my time at dhl the work culture was good ..
Cons
was easy to pick up, manage deliveries and moving parcels
when working there on work experience, I enjoyed it because it was easy to get along with everyone there. there was always something that needed to be done so there was never nothing to do. either if it was loading parcels into the vans unloading parcels from trailers or delivering postage, there was always something to be done. work environment was friendly and everyone had a part to play.
Good workplace
It was a great place to work in. Enjoyed my team also enjoyed the services available. Good place to start and grow. Multicultural environment with different sides to view and explore.
Pros
Tbd
friendly and ongoing
we worked a lot on every thing to solve the difficulties. supportive management system. safe working area as the safety was always first. fast maintenance and caring about vehicles.
Pros
on time payments, gift baskets
Cons
natural work difficulties
Great management fun work space
Great company to work for well looked after, friendly and hard working team. Always going over and beyond for customers as well as the staff. Good work and social life balance.
Pros
Free lunches, great staff
Cons
Nothing really :)
Productive and safe work place
A good place to work but need improvement of how to recognizing individual performance . A good training is a concrete base direction for new recruitment to start from first day.
Gaining Experience
DHL has taught me alot of things well my time working there. Gain so much out of a small period of time. learning how to use a scanner to find peoples orders. and building up my confidence in communicating with others.
Proactive and cooperative
The DHL company is very cooperative and proactive company. it is all the time helps the customers and the company have a great customers services and produce a good quality products.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
8 hours sifts
Culturally inviting.
Well as my normal worked day would start very fast and busy and will end busy, i learned that not everyday is the same different characters on a day to day, always got along with the management, and our agencies team were like family inside and outside of work, i would have to say the hardest part was leaving them all, and i really got along with everyone i worked with never had a problem with anyone.
Pros
We had site gatherings for recognition on our hard work.
Cons
Had a heavy work load.