Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland18 reviews
Average job
As a temp the staff were mostly helpful and nice. Then there were staff who lack communication with me and talks to the manager instead. This is poor communication skills and almost like backstabbing. Some of them would tell me I'm too slow when I'm working - COMMUNICATE!!! and ask if I need help. They made such a big fuss over me supposedly fixing make up in the toilet while I work when I wasn't then decided to cut me off because Im too slow. Not a particularly good company to work for long term as they dont allow you to grow and progress in other areas of the company. Some of them are rude and can lack basic communication skills.
Best employer of the choice
DHL has been one of leading logistics brand in international business. The culture and development expand employee capability to perform well within organization.
friendly and ongoing
we worked a lot on every thing to solve the difficulties. supportive management system. safe working area as the safety was always first. fast maintenance and caring about vehicles.
Pros
on time payments, gift baskets
Cons
natural work difficulties
Productive and safe work place
A good place to work but need improvement of how to recognizing individual performance . A good training is a concrete base direction for new recruitment to start from first day.
Culturally inviting.
Well as my normal worked day would start very fast and busy and will end busy, i learned that not everyday is the same different characters on a day to day, always got along with the management, and our agencies team were like family inside and outside of work, i would have to say the hardest part was leaving them all, and i really got along with everyone i worked with never had a problem with anyone.
Pros
We had site gatherings for recognition on our hard work.
Cons
Had a heavy work load.
Great place to work, they take care of their workers.
I worked in Reception, I absolutely loved my job. I was able to interact with people the public and staff throughout they day and the company would often reward its workers.
fast paced and hard work
early starts and you have to be good with time management. Very physical work which i liked. Faster and harder you worked, the easier you made things for yourself at the end of the day. I got along with every one i guess cos of my sense of humour but i pride myself in hardwork
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
low wages
Cultural environment was fun and energetic.
A normal day at work would be fun, i learned that team co-operation was a key attribute, the work environment was well co-ordinate'd, most employees were really enthusiastic, kind and helpful. the hardest part of work would have to be time management, prioritizing.
the most enjoyable part of work was achieving dead lines.
Pros
Site bbq
Cons
Enjoyable life once your hard work is recognized. Dhl gave me the first break and a chance to understand the meaning of Logistics and its operations where I have acquired considerable experience as a pick/packer then got promoted as a stock controller with additional challenges.
I was happy working for DHL and even now if there are any vacancies coming up then I would surely give a try.
Pros
free tea and coffee, ample hours of work
Cons
I dint find any at that time
Productive fun people to work with, good working environment.
I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to take on a career in warehouse logistics. Good thing about management is they make all staff attend every training DHL Supply Chain provide. Whether its safety, GMP, security it is a must for all staff to be aware of. DHL had a good working environment and good staff to work with. Hardest part of it was handling heavy workload at unexpected times, especially with customers.
What I like about the whole thing was I got to learn all the things I wanted to do for a career in the warehouse industry.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Wages
workplace excellent.
sorting parcels,trackpack,scannig,forkhoist driver,working without a supervision.6 years worked for the company.
Pros
sorting parcels, trackpacks for all over the world.
Cons
need new scanners.
driver
this company had managers that keep pushing me to do more work than everybody else.. then they wanted to cutt my overtime down by giving me more work to complete that was impossible to do..
i end up getting laid off over a saftey issue and that issue was not wearing a seat belt inside the yard..

was going to go to the employment tribe union but at after thinking it threw i didnt because i didnt like the work anyways..
Pros
driving different trucks
Cons
set out impossible task to complete
Very Productive and enjoyable based in a team environment
A typical day would be Processing orders which included pick/packing, Inbounding/dispatching, data entry, providing Commercial invoices and many more. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers who made my time there a lot easier. The hardest part of the job was training numerous of employees on how to the job. the management team were pretty good, a few errors they might need to improve on but overall a well developed team. I learnt from my experience a number of things. One thing I had learnt that stood out for me was work ethics. we learnt very quickly about work ethics and improving on it on a daily basis.
Pros
Over time provded when needed
Cons
no incentives
light work
Picking small orders and labelling. Very slow and not too fast pace.
A really enjoyable, learning experience at DHL
While working for DHL I have come across difficult barriers/situations I had to overcome, such as poor customer services and sometimes my co-workers. During my experience at DHL my communication skills have improved also my HI Reach has improved dramatically from when I first began driving. The most enjoyable part of this job was my environment i worked in and the people around me.
An extrememely supportive Management structure
Complete accountability for all security issues across the National network of Warehouses.
Pros
Excellent work environment
work place with great prizes
DHL was a great company to work for. We had on going training and coaching by our supervisor and support by management. Great pay as well as commission. Would have loved more career opportunities to move up and around in the company but did not happen as often as we wanted. Co-workers were very friendly and always offered to help. They had a lot of shared lunches for the company as well as monthly awards for the leading sales person.

Management was real supportive and flexible when I was pregnant

Over all great company to work for
Pros
supportive management, great commission and pay
A good enviornment to work in
It was great to work as a courier driver always meeting with different people. Time management and working as a team is the greatest skill I have learn and the best part is, I have always enjoyed my work.