DHL
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DHL Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.3Job Security & Advancement

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,196 reviews

Average job

As a temp the staff were mostly helpful and nice. Then there were staff who lack communication with me and talks to the manager instead. This is poor communication skills and almost like backstabbing. Some of them would tell me I'm too slow when I'm working - COMMUNICATE!!! and ask if I need help. They made such a big fuss over me supposedly fixing make up in the toilet while I work when I wasn't then decided to cut me off because Im too slow. Not a particularly good company to work for long term as they dont allow you to grow and progress in other areas of the company. Some of them are rude and can lack basic communication skills.

Fun and excellence

DHL has helped be expand my skills and grow. i have learnt more about the industry rather then just about my role in the business. The management are supportive and friendly. Awesome atmosphere

Pros

Week day work only weekends off

My time working for DHL

I really enjoyed my time at DHL. Really fun friendly environment. Although I can't remember the salary as I was working as a temp 4 years ago. But I do recommend this.

Good entry level place

If you're looking for an entry into the workforce it's a good place to start for experience, somewhere to broaden your network and there is opportunity to advance in the company too

Pros

Opportunities

Cons

No guarantee of work

The enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and also taking on new challenges. I've learned how to use different equipment and also new skills that will help me in the future.

time a dhl

i started off being a temp fro drake international working at Dhl nz and that was my first job , i worked being a temp for one whole year before DHL hired me . i worked as aa storemans person and not long after that i become a Leading Hand . i enjoyed most of my time at dhl the work culture was good ..

Cons

Productive and safe work place

A good place to work but need improvement of how to recognizing individual performance . A good training is a concrete base direction for new recruitment to start from first day.

Gaining Experience

DHL has taught me alot of things well my time working there. Gain so much out of a small period of time. learning how to use a scanner to find peoples orders. and building up my confidence in communicating with others.

High team performance, good work colleagues

Good company to work for. Well managed, gives good career opportunities to staff, co-workers worked well together as a team. Hardest part was the work load with short staff available. Liked that we had a fun team to work with.

Pros

Career oppurtunities

Cons

Lack of staff reveiw

DHL Supply Chain Review

A very busy warehouse environment, quality of work is at a high standard. Minimal errors are expected by Management. Though there were too many long hours due to overload of work. Apart from that, we had a good team. Promotion is a rare opportunity, even though we were highly recommended.

Pros

Job opportunity

Jobs at DHL

See more jobs

Enjoyable life once your hard work is recognized. Dhl gave me the first break and a chance to understand the meaning of Logistics and its operations where I have acquired considerable experience as a pick/packer then got promoted as a stock controller with additional challenges. I was happy working for DHL and even now if there are any vacancies coming up then I would surely give a try.

Pros

free tea and coffee, ample hours of work

Cons

I dint find any at that time

Productive fun people to work with, good working environment.

I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to take on a career in warehouse logistics. Good thing about management is they make all staff attend every training DHL Supply Chain provide. Whether its safety, GMP, security it is a must for all staff to be aware of. DHL had a good working environment and good staff to work with. Hardest part of it was handling heavy workload at unexpected times, especially with customers. What I like about the whole thing was I got to learn all the things I wanted to do for a career in the warehouse industry.

Pros

Good People

Cons

Wages

Great Experience

I started as a Temp. Manager taught me the basics of the 2 agencies in 3 days before he was scheduled to leave on holiday.Detailed notes I took and help from my co workers progressed my knowledge and skill at running these two agencies. In a timespan of 2-3 weeks I was running two agencies effortlessly, without any help.

Pros

Get work experience

Cons

Unfair Manager

driver

this company had managers that keep pushing me to do more work than everybody else.. then they wanted to cutt my overtime down by giving me more work to complete that was impossible to do.. i end up getting laid off over a saftey issue and that issue was not wearing a seat belt inside the yard.. was going to go to the employment tribe union but at after thinking it threw i didnt because i didnt like the work anyways..

Pros

driving different trucks

Cons

set out impossible task to complete

An extrememely supportive Management structure

Complete accountability for all security issues across the National network of Warehouses.

Pros

Excellent work environment

Productive, competitive team within an exciting and friendly atmosphere

There are no two days the same at DHL Supply Chain Highbrook. A demanding client ensures you always have a steady workflow with scheduled deadlines continuously being met throughout the day. The management team are always approachable and supportive, never too busy to assist their staff with any issues big or small. In a warehouse environment team members count on each other to have tasks completed efficiently and accurately. This encourages self motivation and a positive competitiveness within the team which creates a dynamic atmosphere, absolutely enjoyable to be a part of.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement

work place with great prizes

DHL was a great company to work for. We had on going training and coaching by our supervisor and support by management. Great pay as well as commission. Would have loved more career opportunities to move up and around in the company but did not happen as often as we wanted. Co-workers were very friendly and always offered to help. They had a lot of shared lunches for the company as well as monthly awards for the leading sales person. Management was real supportive and flexible when I was pregnant Over all great company to work for

Pros

supportive management, great commission and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.8K
5.9K
4.2K
1.5K
1.9K

• DHL
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?