DHL
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DHL Management reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 20,519 reviews

Overworked and too much politics

Some managers offer no support and expect staff to work on minimum resources but you are still required to make targets. Depending on which site you are based at, they pretty much overwork you. Unrealistic expectations. Yearly payrises are great. Having an essential job is what keeps me here, other than that, I am job hunting

Pros

Yearly payrises, essential job, overtime paid at time and a half

Cons

Overworked, non supportive management, high staff turnover

Fun and excellence

DHL has helped be expand my skills and grow. i have learnt more about the industry rather then just about my role in the business. The management are supportive and friendly. Awesome atmosphere

Pros

Week day work only weekends off

Fair

My review with DHL, is we all get treated fairly, management great people, supervisors are awesome people and the workers are very friendly. Makes you feel welcome.

Average job

As a temp the staff were mostly helpful and nice. Then there were staff who lack communication with me and talks to the manager instead. This is poor communication skills and almost like backstabbing. Some of them would tell me I'm too slow when I'm working - COMMUNICATE!!! and ask if I need help. They made such a big fuss over me supposedly fixing make up in the toilet while I work when I wasn't then decided to cut me off because Im too slow. Not a particularly good company to work for long term as they dont allow you to grow and progress in other areas of the company. Some of them are rude and can lack basic communication skills.

Not really the best place to work for

Throughout the experience of me working at this place i will honestly aay that i wouldn't recommend anyone to actually work with DHL. The managers are always rude and they don't really wanna teach new people.

friendly and ongoing

we worked a lot on every thing to solve the difficulties. supportive management system. safe working area as the safety was always first. fast maintenance and caring about vehicles.

Pros

on time payments, gift baskets

Cons

natural work difficulties

Culturally inviting.

Well as my normal worked day would start very fast and busy and will end busy, i learned that not everyday is the same different characters on a day to day, always got along with the management, and our agencies team were like family inside and outside of work, i would have to say the hardest part was leaving them all, and i really got along with everyone i worked with never had a problem with anyone.

Pros

We had site gatherings for recognition on our hard work.

Cons

Had a heavy work load.

fast paced and hard work

early starts and you have to be good with time management. Very physical work which i liked. Faster and harder you worked, the easier you made things for yourself at the end of the day. I got along with every one i guess cos of my sense of humour but i pride myself in hardwork

Pros

work colleagues

Cons

low wages

DHL Supply Chain Review

A very busy warehouse environment, quality of work is at a high standard. Minimal errors are expected by Management. Though there were too many long hours due to overload of work. Apart from that, we had a good team. Promotion is a rare opportunity, even though we were highly recommended.

Pros

Job opportunity

Cons

Cultural environment was fun and energetic.

A normal day at work would be fun, i learned that team co-operation was a key attribute, the work environment was well co-ordinate'd, most employees were really enthusiastic, kind and helpful. the hardest part of work would have to be time management, prioritizing. the most enjoyable part of work was achieving dead lines.

Pros

Site bbq

Fun Work Place

Good Management System Friendly Colleagues Willing to help superiors 6 days per week 8 hours per day OT payable Allowances - Transport and Shift

Pros

Free Coffee and Milo Packet ( Monthly )

Cons

Productive fun people to work with, good working environment.

I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to take on a career in warehouse logistics. Good thing about management is they make all staff attend every training DHL Supply Chain provide. Whether its safety, GMP, security it is a must for all staff to be aware of. DHL had a good working environment and good staff to work with. Hardest part of it was handling heavy workload at unexpected times, especially with customers. What I like about the whole thing was I got to learn all the things I wanted to do for a career in the warehouse industry.

Pros

Good People

Cons

Wages

Very Productive and enjoyable based in a team environment

A typical day would be Processing orders which included pick/packing, Inbounding/dispatching, data entry, providing Commercial invoices and many more. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers who made my time there a lot easier. The hardest part of the job was training numerous of employees on how to the job. the management team were pretty good, a few errors they might need to improve on but overall a well developed team. I learnt from my experience a number of things. One thing I had learnt that stood out for me was work ethics. we learnt very quickly about work ethics and improving on it on a daily basis.

Pros

Over time provded when needed

Cons

no incentives

An extrememely supportive Management structure

Complete accountability for all security issues across the National network of Warehouses.

Pros

Excellent work environment

Friendly and ongoing

Fast pace, inventory management, Dangerous goods, management unfair,co-workers are hilarious and helpful, Hardest part was doing my job as well as doing my supervisors job, the enjoyable part is smoko brakes

Pros

free internet, friendly co-workers, good pay

Cons

Unfair supervisor, unfair management

it was good working in DHL

its a 3pl company... basically picking cosmetics nice environment nice management... overall it was good working there.

Pros

Refreshment on ocassions

Cons

Productive, competitive team within an exciting and friendly atmosphere

There are no two days the same at DHL Supply Chain Highbrook. A demanding client ensures you always have a steady workflow with scheduled deadlines continuously being met throughout the day. The management team are always approachable and supportive, never too busy to assist their staff with any issues big or small. In a warehouse environment team members count on each other to have tasks completed efficiently and accurately. This encourages self motivation and a positive competitiveness within the team which creates a dynamic atmosphere, absolutely enjoyable to be a part of.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement

work place with great prizes

DHL was a great company to work for. We had on going training and coaching by our supervisor and support by management. Great pay as well as commission. Would have loved more career opportunities to move up and around in the company but did not happen as often as we wanted. Co-workers were very friendly and always offered to help. They had a lot of shared lunches for the company as well as monthly awards for the leading sales person. Management was real supportive and flexible when I was pregnant Over all great company to work for

Pros

supportive management, great commission and pay

A good enviornment to work in

It was great to work as a courier driver always meeting with different people. Time management and working as a team is the greatest skill I have learn and the best part is, I have always enjoyed my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.9K