Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

DHL Employee Reviews

New Zealand46 reviews
Need better pay
Better pay would make DHL a very good place to work at. The culture and the team are very friendly. Currently still working here and would love a good pay rise.
Proactive and cooperative
The DHL company is very cooperative and proactive company. it is all the time helps the customers and the company have a great customers services and produce a good quality products.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
8 hours sifts
Culturally inviting.
Well as my normal worked day would start very fast and busy and will end busy, i learned that not everyday is the same different characters on a day to day, always got along with the management, and our agencies team were like family inside and outside of work, i would have to say the hardest part was leaving them all, and i really got along with everyone i worked with never had a problem with anyone.
Pros
We had site gatherings for recognition on our hard work.
Cons
Had a heavy work load.
Great place to work, they take care of their workers.
I worked in Reception, I absolutely loved my job. I was able to interact with people the public and staff throughout they day and the company would often reward its workers.
High team performance, good work colleagues
Good company to work for. Well managed, gives good career opportunities to staff, co-workers worked well together as a team. Hardest part was the work load with short staff available.
Liked that we had a fun team to work with.
Pros
Career oppurtunities
Cons
Lack of staff reveiw
fast paced and hard work
early starts and you have to be good with time management. Very physical work which i liked. Faster and harder you worked, the easier you made things for yourself at the end of the day. I got along with every one i guess cos of my sense of humour but i pride myself in hardwork
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
low wages
DHL Supply Chain Review
A very busy warehouse environment, quality of work is at a high standard. Minimal errors are expected by Management. Though there were too many long hours due to overload of work.
Apart from that, we had a good team. Promotion is a rare opportunity, even though we were highly recommended.
Pros
Job opportunity
Cons
DHL is a very good Company to work in. Very friendly people.
It's very enjoying going to work in the morning, meeting very friendly people. I have learned that DHl is a world wide company.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Cultural environment was fun and energetic.
A normal day at work would be fun, i learned that team co-operation was a key attribute, the work environment was well co-ordinate'd, most employees were really enthusiastic, kind and helpful. the hardest part of work would have to be time management, prioritizing.
the most enjoyable part of work was achieving dead lines.
Pros
Site bbq
Fun Work Place
Good Management System
Friendly Colleagues

Willing to help superiors

6 days per week

8 hours per day

OT payable

Allowances - Transport and Shift
Pros
Free Coffee and Milo Packet ( Monthly )
Cons
Enjoyable life once your hard work is recognized. Dhl gave me the first break and a chance to understand the meaning of Logistics and its operations where I have acquired considerable experience as a pick/packer then got promoted as a stock controller with additional challenges.
I was happy working for DHL and even now if there are any vacancies coming up then I would surely give a try.
Pros
free tea and coffee, ample hours of work
Cons
I dint find any at that time
Productive fun people to work with, good working environment.
I would recommend this job to anyone who is willing to take on a career in warehouse logistics. Good thing about management is they make all staff attend every training DHL Supply Chain provide. Whether its safety, GMP, security it is a must for all staff to be aware of. DHL had a good working environment and good staff to work with. Hardest part of it was handling heavy workload at unexpected times, especially with customers.
What I like about the whole thing was I got to learn all the things I wanted to do for a career in the warehouse industry.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Wages
workplace excellent.
sorting parcels,trackpack,scannig,forkhoist driver,working without a supervision.6 years worked for the company.
Pros
sorting parcels, trackpacks for all over the world.
Cons
need new scanners.
Awesome job
Everyday I had a good day at work, serving customers face to face and on the phone. I literally learnt everything on my own while working there, the only thing i was taught was how to make fancy things out of napkins. I was the head waitress most the days. hardest part of the job was learning the Thai words and enjoyed everyday at work from start to finish
Pros
discount and free dinner
Great Experience
I started as a Temp. Manager taught me the basics of the 2 agencies in 3 days before he was scheduled to leave on holiday.Detailed notes I took and help from my co workers progressed my knowledge and skill at running these two agencies. In a timespan of 2-3 weeks I was running two agencies effortlessly, without any help.
Pros
Get work experience
Cons
Unfair Manager
driver
this company had managers that keep pushing me to do more work than everybody else.. then they wanted to cutt my overtime down by giving me more work to complete that was impossible to do..
i end up getting laid off over a saftey issue and that issue was not wearing a seat belt inside the yard..

was going to go to the employment tribe union but at after thinking it threw i didnt because i didnt like the work anyways..
Pros
driving different trucks
Cons
set out impossible task to complete
Very Productive and enjoyable based in a team environment
A typical day would be Processing orders which included pick/packing, Inbounding/dispatching, data entry, providing Commercial invoices and many more. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers who made my time there a lot easier. The hardest part of the job was training numerous of employees on how to the job. the management team were pretty good, a few errors they might need to improve on but overall a well developed team. I learnt from my experience a number of things. One thing I had learnt that stood out for me was work ethics. we learnt very quickly about work ethics and improving on it on a daily basis.
Pros
Over time provded when needed
Cons
no incentives
light work
Picking small orders and labelling. Very slow and not too fast pace.
A really enjoyable, learning experience at DHL
While working for DHL I have come across difficult barriers/situations I had to overcome, such as poor customer services and sometimes my co-workers. During my experience at DHL my communication skills have improved also my HI Reach has improved dramatically from when I first began driving. The most enjoyable part of this job was my environment i worked in and the people around me.
An extrememely supportive Management structure
Complete accountability for all security issues across the National network of Warehouses.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Friendly and ongoing
Fast pace, inventory management, Dangerous goods, management unfair,co-workers are hilarious and helpful, Hardest part was doing my job as well as doing my supervisors job, the enjoyable part is smoko brakes
Pros
free internet, friendly co-workers, good pay
Cons
Unfair supervisor, unfair management