David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews in Adelaide SA

Adelaide SA8 reviews
David Jones is generally a great place to work.
A typical day at work includes communicating with co-workers and upper management,as well as customers. Stock handling and working with a target budget in mind is also a few of the many things I do. Having the ability to juggle a few different things at a time is essential for this position. The hardest element of this job is the uncertainty casual workers face with gaining enough hours of work. David Jones does not have any minimum hours policy for their casual workers which means that very often, these people can find themselves out of work for a few months at a time. All of this depends on the season, how many other employers are contracted on part time or full time work and whether the target budget has been met. The most enjoyable element of this job is being able to meet and communicate so many interesting people who could be employers or customers. I anticipate the times where I am able to help a customer find exactly what they want. The satisfaction they get from purchasing their desired product is enough to make my day at work enjoyable. Most other employees are easy to get along with, and I feel I connect with them on a very personal level.
Pros
Great staff and department level managers/supervisors.
Cons
Casual hours are often unbalanced.
A typical day at work is usually busy, which is understandable in a retail industry. This actually works for me since I am used to multitask and can cope with this type of environment. Workplace culture is great, everyone knows everyone and the management is very accommodating and just in their decisions.
Great team and great management, work life balance. Fun environment love the company. Customer service is a priority and they strive to keep customers coming back
really enjoyed working for david jones, by far one of the best experiences ive ever had in my life
Pros
10 to 20% discounts for employees
Cons
A great Christmas casual job with additional opportunities to work other events during the year. Management is friendly and open and very flexible to offering dedicated employees during the rest of the year.
It was great working for David Jones I was a storeman/salesperson, it was never boring I made sure Food Department had their stock daily and I got to serve & cook occasionly. I got to know a lot of people.
Pros
Always doing something
Cons
David Jones is a great company to work for and really does look after all of their staff. There are no nasty staff, and everyone helps everyone if it is needed. It's a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Strict uniform and must wear makeup
A typical day at work - is beginning with Sales Managers morning meeting then to the floor to engage with all staff and conduct morning meeting, mentioning how we are tracking with daily/weekly sales budgets for the department and also how staff are tracking with individual sales productivity targets. We also discuss daily tasks to be performed and ensure the number one focus is customer service! The morning also entails daily managing of staff connect (virtually managing pay roll for staff we are responsible for under our management) updating coaching plans etc.

On the floor between 12-2pm running the floor and ensuring our customers are being served, leading by example and delegating where necessary. On the job one on one coaching is a focus for underperformers and recognition for a job well done for all performers, it is imperative to recognize and praise for a job well done etc.

Always ensuring our staff are following all company policy and procedures.

Learnings - to always have and keep a positive outlook in everything you do, achieve results through others and to lead by example.

Co-workers - to build and maintain good relations with all co - workers on all levels and to gain respect and to give respect.

The hardest part of the job - would be performance managing underperformers out of the business (but this is a necessary to be successful and achieve all KPI's an KRA's).

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you performance manage a staff member and there is an improvement then they go onto achieve there budgets etc. I enjoy empowering people
 - more...
Pros
A pleasant working enviroment.
Cons
Lacks in the area of Job Work/Life Balance.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.