David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD9 reviews
Enjoyed working with David Jones lots of great people I met along my journey. Management was great and very friendly. Met a lot of friends also no complaints
Overall I would not recommend working at David Jones. What was once a good work place has become a place of high stress where team members are expected to be perfect. Managers pressure staff to sell credit cards daily. So many team members are trying to get jobs else where so they can quit, even those who have been with the company for 10+ years.
Pros
Decent to good pay, Some very kind fellow workers, Staff discount, Gained experience in many different departments.
Cons
Low staffed or understaffed every single day, casuals are thrown into departments with no training, problematic staff don’t get dealt with, Only 10 minute break in 5 hour shift, managers only care about selling credit cards, managers have bad attitudes, felt like just another number
Great staff and environment however management, pressure and total neglect for staff wellbeing at times is unacceptable. manager was not willing to give casual staff a day off 3 weeks in advance. Manager is very hard to negotiate with.
Pros
Great staff, long lunches
Cons
terrible managment, terrible culture
Such a professional company to work for, as they provide great training for the new staff to be able to provide the high level of customer service that this wonderful company strives for.
Pros
Excellent company with great advancement and training opportunities.
Cons
nil
Cada día era diferente y cada día aprendias algo nuevo, como el empatizar con tus compañeros de trabajo y clientes. El trabajo en equipo era fundamental para lograr las metas.
Personal de Gerencia y supervisores estaban siempre abiertos a resolver dudas o dar un feedback si lo necesitabas, para continuar con el trabajo de la mejor forma posible.

La parte mas dificil fue el idioma, pero con el apoyo de mis colegas y supervisor todo siempre terminaba Happy!

Lo que mas me gusto de esta experiencia fue el darme cuenta que Yo podía, a pesar de mi limitante del idioma...estar donde yo quería estar.
Pros
Todo
Cons
No contras
DJ's sales target were really crazy specially during Christmas but I always enjoyed working with the team and I absolutely had fantastic time in my workplace. I learnt a lot about my customers' needs and I improved my sales abilities extraordinarily.
I liked my work, my co-workers, so I was always happy to go to work. I liked the majority of my customers and many became regulars. Had a good working relationship with management...always found if you did your job there wasn't any problems. The training was always ongoing. Their never was a day devoid of humour...great friendships were made which have stood the test of time.

I recently left my last position because I found travelling by public transport to the city for years just too much. Had been doing for so long. I decided that I didn't want to work fulltime anymore and wanted to be closer to home. I also wanted to drive to work and not be subject to the whim of the public transport system. want more work/life balance. I found the daily travel the hardest part.

The most enjoyable??? The people and the challenges...I am a tad competitive and enjoy. Everyday is a new day.
Pros
The more experienced I became, the more my confidence grew.
Cons
Travelling to and from work.
I love working for such an iconic brand that is synonomous with quality and is known for it's impeccable customer focus and service. David Jones has a wonderful team of well presented, trained and professional staff and I am priveledged to be part of a company that is an Australian icon.
Pros
Staff discount throughout David Jones
Cons
Standing up all day/night on tiled flooring :(
A typical day would consist of catering to any customers needs first and foremost and then tending to jobs related to stock and store presentation.
I learned a great deal about fashion and how a department store operates.

Management is quite poor; they have some strange ideas and methods for running the business and how they manage their staff. What disappointed me the most was the use of bullying staff to achieve their sales targets.

The co-workers were all quite friendly and professional.

The hardest part of the job was during busy periods and being overwhelmed with customers and not having enough staff to handle all the customers without some getting quite frustrated.

The most enjoyable part is the customers that I looked after that were very happy with my service.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Poorly managed