David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA11 reviews
Long time ago that I worked at DJs but it was a lovely time and great staff ,benefits were good too
If I was looking again I would not hesitate to apply
I was responsible for advising clients based on their fashion styles and promoting suitable products to them to increase sales. And I sorted and organized the records of the sales in the information system and communicated with the warehouse staff to ensure stock adequacy.
This job offered wonderful working environment and high compensation, and enhanced my communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks. The hardest part was that it was too busy during Chirstmas so the workload was overwhelming. However, the colleagues were very friendly and caring there.
I was a casual for just over a year, I was not at uni so I was available full time and worked overtime and did tasks that were for a manager. I constantly asked for a party time contract and showed interest in management. The managers continued to say “we’d be more than happy to give you a part time contract because you work so hard and everyone talks very highly of yos told many times we are creating a part time position specifically for you” after a few months of the “trail” there was no more talk about it. I was told there was no part/full time positions going through n my department they told me they’d give me part time in another department. When the moves happened they told me that they weren’t going to give it to me anymore but make the new manager decide. The new manager quickly had her favourites which is also a problem in at David Jones, iits not what you know it’s who you know. They started to cut back my hours, I did have an incident at work but even finding out from scans that it was not caused by work and having two different doctors clear me for work they still wanted me to fill out more paper work and get another clearance from my doctors. Since leaving I have spoken to my friends who still work there and they are getting bullied, harassed and pressured. The David Jones card itself is a scam and the only reason they care about is because it makes them more money. Some managers bully you into selling a card with zero training or knowledge of the card. The floor is always understaffed and they usually only put staff in area they care more about for example they - more...
The staff were really friendly and if you got involved there was a lot of training given to you based on what department you were in.
Staff parties were usually just in the food hall but nice that they invested money in the food.

Quite often understaffed particularly after 4pm so you are unable to go on your break in the last 3 hours of the day or have anyone cover you to go to the bathroom.

You have to sell David Jones cards and if you do not sell them you are put through multiple trainings until you are able to sell at least one a month so if you do not like pushing credit cards on people then this is not the place for you.

Was also impossible to move up in the business unless you were exceptional at selling cards, most managers/supervisors came from outside the business
Pros
Training, Staff Parties
Cons
Selling David Jones Cards, Understaffed, Job Advancement
David Jones work was a great experience as the team I was involved in worked relentlessly in providing great support to the store, the attitude was friendly and the team was nice and dedicated. Management was also helpful.
Pros
Meal Breaks
The only good thing about this company is the Co-workers and the customers. Management is slack. Especially when it comes to asking for help when its busy, extra help only ever shows up when it suits the managers and they dont have to pay to have extra people on. They never put enough staff on when you need it. Staff are always having problems with pay wether its late or missing. Most of the concession workers dont get SAN numbers so alot of customers dont get served. They mess up availabilities alot too. Put you on the exact times you say you can't work. Overall this company has alot of fixing to do with thier entire attitude and the way they "look after" their staff.
Pros
Staff, Customers.
Cons
Management, Pay, Availability.
Typical day at work is busy and full on with a range of benefits to come at the end of it. Hardest part of the job would be apprehending aged offenders.
One of the best working experiences i've had, as retail is a passion for me, the staff is very professional and welcoming, i learnt a lot in the retail industry that will definitely help me in the future
Pros
had 2 of my friends working with me
Cons
getting to the location of work wasnt as easy
During my time for David Jones, I have learnt to have responsibilities with customer service tasks. This has also helped to have strengthened my ability to multitask.
the most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with customers daily and giving them information according to their needs
bur more often than not customers insist on having their way,whether or not it complies with our company rules.

management is ok though sometimes we wished it could have been better
Pros
sometimes too much stock to unload
Cons
not enough hours given
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at David Jones?
Day to day was always busy environment in the dock where I worked. Enjoyed the staff I worked with. We worked well as a team. My Boss was awesome, she always looked after her staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.