David Jones Employee Reviews in Sydney Central Business District NSW

3.4Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
David Jones - Reatail
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD27 October 2019
Initially there was a near NO IT culture in David Jones. But the project changed all that. Now they have a sophisticated mobile reporting mechanics, a neat EDW and processes to capture and assimilate data in EDW
Overall a project which effected a 'cultural change' in David Jones.
Pros
Able to impart my skills and experiences - MDM, Data Cycle, Integration (Distributed databases) and of course bring in a consulative approach given my skills
Great discount and brands to work with...But awful, awful management and training
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW24 June 2019
Awful management, too many inexperienced fresh out of school assistant managers on power trips who bully and micro manage hard working staff into leaving.

Also doesn't matter how many KPIs you achieve on sales targets and customer capture, how many thousands of dollars of stock you can sell a day, and how good your customer service is...if you can't sell an AMEX card say goodbye to your job.
Pros
Great discount, great pay, workplace always clean and safe, lovely to work with nice brands, most of the staff is lovely too.
Cons
See review
Great company to work for
Personal Assistant to CIO (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW1 January 2018
2015-Current
As a Personal Assistant I provide support for business related activities and ensure that I am professional and courteous in all of my interactions whilst maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. In my role I interact with a broader team of executive assistants across the business nationally and I endeavour to foster close relationships that support me in undertaking my job effectively. I project manage the IT team of approximately 140 staff with day to day requirements within the business.
ok
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW29 March 2017
Depending on what floor you work on, I believe the Managers and Supervisors make the difference on your work day, some people do stock and others just make sales and hog tills.......

They know which counters make money and which ones are an island..... Stuck in no mans land ? staying in your Zone ? I have never been in customer service where I stay in my Zone, I want my customer to have a full experience so I will stay until they are satisfied and ready to give me their email number or to sign up for a card and handover their money.

Dont give up, some colleagues work five hours and never touch a rail of stock or a trolley full of new products, we know who we are !!!!

Hang in there while looking for another job !!!!! I am !!!!!
Pros
days off
Cons
weekends and public holidays
Working with lOvely people and serving Customers
Online Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney CBD8 September 2014
I am currently working with the Online Team, a typical day is usually busy, productive and dealing with many different situations. My Co-workers and myself all get on well, we are here to support and help each other, regardless if you are new to the team or not. The hardest part is when maybe the system lets us down or works really slow. The enjoyable part of working for this company is achieving happy outcomes for our customers. As you can tell this is a job, I enjoy very much.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Working late on cold wet nights, can be a drag getting come late.