David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW63 reviews
Well I was working there work in 2018 before Christmas holidays and after new year I work at men's shoe's and casual men's wear jeans and I did stock and set up and clean the stockroom and made sure the showroom was clean all the bench and the glass shells and shoe were polish everything like shoes was set up and polite with respect, manners etc did I like working there I did, the only thing is my pay got staff for a month nil. I don't know ithe Ceo.
Pros
More cleaning and polish shoes glass dust etc
Cons
I like to see more David Jones ways.
They don't value their employees, even the ones who have been there for over 10 years. They constantly push for better results, never acknowledging good work; you're never good enough. The management team is disorganised and unqualified, and pressure you to the point you don't want to come in to your shift.
working experience is satisfying as it is full of challenges. Staff are friendly and pro active.Balancing time to complete daily task. Management is fine.
Careful with changing management. Though it has been wonderful working with David Jones, there are a lot of things one should consider working in the food hall.
It's a great experience working in David Jones. Coworkers are cooperative and managers have been great. They have training for product knowledge and people are willing to help and guide you when you have questions. The only point where you get stressful is selling the Amex Card. It's a valuable card yet the constant pressure of getting it kinda take over the fun side working in David Jones.
Pros
Nice people and they actually give good customer service.
Cons
The constant pressure to sell Amex
Taking calls did make the day go so quick
Satisfying helping customer with their queries

Customers often angry but satisfying when you are able to change the situation
Pros
The 20% discount on products
Cons
The customers complaining about the service
David Jones over the years has changed tremendously. In many good and bad ways. You have to be a favourite to get anywhere and there is always push. Job load never gets any easier. I miss the old David Jones
Very bad experience, incredibly inhuman treatment of by the regional manager. They expect you to always wear and buy a suit even though you are only employed for 25 hours a week, and on two months contract. No black snekears, only leather shoe and you cant sit down or walk around for 10 hour shift. Direct manager are more understanding but the regional manager treat you like garbage. She will confiscate your phone with your credit card in the phone sleeves for having your phone on the desk even though you explained that you were helping the customer looking at the online store earlier.
Toxic work environment where bullying and harassment is a normal everyday practice. Very ageist, class structure in evident between management and sales staff. No prober Work Health and Safety Practices.
You''ll be disappointed because the management team couldn't care less about you. I guess the coworkers were nice though. The work was super stressful and mostly unrewarding. I'd think twice before applying..
Received little training though, I picked things up pretty quickly. A typical day included stocking shelves and selling Christmas trees. It got quite chaotic at times, especially when there were sales/offers. I found it very enjoyable for a first-time job and wished they had kept me on longer!
Work for s brand partner within DJs and haven’t in my 30 years of working experienced such a bad culture from David Jones.
In particular the miranda location is disgusting so much gossip not enough work creating the worst culture to be around.
Pros
Discounts on all brands
Cons
Gossip, culture, bad environment, management involved in gossip too, no support
Best work place culture. It's a fun place to work at with amazing colleague who always have your back. The amount of things you learn at work is a lot and very beneficial for enhancung your communication skills and boosting your confidence.
Pros
-Good Salary -Good Management -Good Work place culture -Supportive Colleagues
Cons
Tough to work if you do not have fairly good communication skills
The expectation is very much that you will live and breathe the brand. The team is lovely to work with, but stretched incredibly thin. Extreme pressure is placed on employees to push customers to apply for the David Jones American Express cards.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Low remuneration
be careful if you want to join their Food Hall Team!
Very surprised that such a big company has such a bad working culture and body really care their job. Disgusting management and bad pay.But if you just wanna hand around and get ready for your retirement, not a bad place to choose:)
Work place is fun to work but with limited career opportunity. Colleagues are friendly and management listens to staff. Sometimes work pressure is overwhelming as only limited number of staff are assigned.
The executives at David Jones were very professional and excellent to work for. They were very kind and helpful to fit in with my availability. Working on the ground floor as a conceirge was exciting being in the midst of promotions and seasonal specials.
Pros
staff discount
Enjoyable and great sales learning environment. In some departments managerial positions need reviewing. Culture of sales staff is very competitive.
It was average working as a Christmas casual here. The pay wasn't the best and the management was rude. overall wouldn't recommend. Always short staffed also.
Pros
the shifts given
Cons
management
David Jones has a healthy environment where employees are always motivated, happy and healthy. I enjoy working at David Jones as it is perfect for someone who are studying at the same time. The company fosters diversity and inclusion, too.
I think that my experience in David Jones helped me to discover a world where the details of the products in the store is very important and for my VM experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.