David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW62 reviews
the good things
working experience is satisfying as it is full of challenges. Staff are friendly and pro active.Balancing time to complete daily task. Management is fine.
Logistic Assistant review
Fulfillment center in Sydney. They have good managers, good people to work with, can be busy during seasonal sales. A lot of staff discounts and staff benefits.
workplace
I have worked here for almost 7 years and it provides great opportunities and experiences. It is a company that has had many changes over the years and is heading in the right direction.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Open 7 days a week
friendly
i am so happy and satisfied to work with David Jones. it is a friendly environment, work comfortable, learning scope and good management.

i got many scope to learn many new work.
Pros
friendly enviorment
Ambiente de comunidad, social, multicultural
La suma importancia de la venta al detalle, trato individualizado y profesional de cada cliente, servicio de consultoría
Professional oganization
As DJ is one of the biggest retail store of Australia, they always set their expectation toward their staff at high.
Being their staff is the most challenge job of keeping your manner good at all time under any situation everyday.
Good company and sales potential
Good place to work, friendly people good sales.
Start work and discover the sales target for the day.

Make sure administration tasks and pays have been done.

Open store and begin day to sell items to customers.

Make sure there is not new stock to come to floor for sales.

Lunch break

Continue sales then reset registers

Close store
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
A great journey with a lot of learning
Working in David Jones not only gives you the reputation but also teaches you many important things related to you and your surrounding. David Jones has helped me learn brands and accessories from different places of the world and their worth in terms of material and in terms of customer preferences. Not long ago I used to wonder why these brand shops had such high prices. Now, that perspective has changed and gone for good as I have seen the products of each brand and how unique they are from one another in terms of material, heritage etc. Moreover, David Jones taught me the appropriate attitude for dealing with customers. It has taught me the right etiquette to be more presentable in front of people. I guess the lessons that I have taken from David Jones outweighs the challenges on the job.
Productive and fun workplace.
A typical day starts with Project updates from the Planners & Designers.
Learnt the Interior design process for Retail sector, along with fit-out & fixture details.

Good management to oversee the progress.

Friendly culture.
Very large yet friendly management
1) Very nice work place culture promoting diversity and equality.
2) Assisting new juniors in smooth transition at the new work place and providing continuous feedback
I loved being s therapist
Once again after working years at David jones they decided to end the lease and management no longer renewed it.

It was a great envroiment and enjoyed working at a exclusive salon.

Great people great boss unfortunately for us they didn't renew their lease
Pros
Fun people
An amazing commencment in High Fashion
A great way to start your day, always with and 'up and at it' energy towards daily tasks and duties. Embodying a professional and clean manner whilst always keeping in mind the quality of service between yourself an your client.
Pros
Great incentives
David Jones is a fast paced professional environment where attention to little detailed and great customer skills is highly regarded.
David Jones provides a professional environment where employees learn attention to detail, great customer service and teamwork skills. A typical day begins with stock being collected from the basement to stock on any products that may be low on stock, during the hours of 11am-2pm employees sole purpose is to provide ultimate customer service, where employees are purely focued on the customers, the rest of the day attention is turned to making the shop impeccable, attention to detail is highly regarded. The Manager's were constantly in check with the employee's allowing positive relationships to be obtained between Management and employees. Co-workers were all very nice to work with, good communication is key in a job to ensure everyone works well together in the environment and to get the job done.
Pros
20% off
Challenge yourself
Due to the massive competitive nowadays, this is a challenge to show how well you can be among others.
It is a good place to put yourself competitive and learn a lot.
Pros
Training
Cons
Not permanent
A great workplace where people care about each other
No two days are the same which keeps me on my toes & pick up new skills & knowledge.
The team I work with is excellent and the management team acknowledge our achievements.

The work can be repetitive sometimes, and other times the workload can be overwhelming.

I always love the retail business and it feels good to be a part of it.
Pros
Management acknowledge my hard work and accomplishments
Cons
It can be monotonous as the work involves a lot of data entry & repetitive tasks
Fun and productive place to work at
Great people and culture at David Jones. Bosses are very helpful and supportive and nearly everyone you meet is very friendly.

The company is well organised and despite the lack of updated computer systems, existence of effective communication channels between people in the company result in a smoothly running workplace.
productive work place
a typical work day hard and fun, what i leared is the fine dinning of a hotel, how to certic food, managment was amazing, co workers were good people. the hardest part of the job was learing new tequnies and how to plate small amouts off food. the most enjoyable part was prep.
Fast paced and pleasant
working as apart of a large diverse team
fast paced

little training

constantly evolving work place and processes

big push to sell American Express cards

many avenues of company support

small commissions available

poor lunch area facilities

great staff discount
Pros
staff discount
Cons
management
Bad work envioroment and very old systems
I wouldnt recomand to anyone work at DJs, unless you w ant in very old comoany, with veru old , 2o years behind systems, nothing but paperwork and signatures . It feels like 30 years ago !
Pros
staff disscount 20%, thats all!
Cons
Very old systsmes, very old operation and managment, tones of paperwork, signatures and no enviromantal free company!
Vibrant environment
Within this role, I managed the recruitment for specific roles within many of the main flagship stores within New South Wales and Canberra. A typical day at work consisted of liaising with several different stakeholders, and candidates, ensuring I was bringing on board the best employees to the business. The most challenging part of the role was dealing with stakeholders who were not willing to work with HR and recruitment and our processes', but the most rewarding part was seeing the stakeholders develop to working alongside us.
Allocator
I really enjoyed all of my co-workers at David Jones. I learned so much each day, I would go back in a heartbeat. Management was wonderful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.