David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW62 reviews
the good things
working experience is satisfying as it is full of challenges. Staff are friendly and pro active.Balancing time to complete daily task. Management is fine.
Productive and great work environment
A typical day at work would involve a lot of customer service and stock replenishment, along with dealing with customer disputes and meeting their satisfaction.

What I've learned at David Jones would be how to deal with customer complaints and using those complaints to break it down turning them into compliments to create an extraordinary experience.

Management from David jones is very efficient especially the managers in your departments, they show a very professional attitude.

Co-workers are david jones are very friendly and co-operative. Really give off a sense of family environment along with great team-player attitudes.

The hardest part of the job is due to limited staffing, being able to serve customers and deal with jobs on hard becomes very challenging.

Most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be the environment, talking and bonding with co-workers. Enjoying what we can of our working environment
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Limited staff so increase in pressure to current employees
David Jones
Just want to say it's a great company to work BUT I still want a transfer .Work ethic is very high . The company loks out for the staff .
Pros
great work ethic
Cons
Late night Fridays.
A great display of team work
A typical day never goes as planned, quick decision are required in a fast and action paced work environment. Great learning ground for working as a team and developing leadership skills. Communication and execution are key to the success of the tasks undertaken. Great and friendly co-workers with a touch of a home from home.
Pros
Challenging great learning opportunities
fun place to work
flexible place to work. lack of future career progression.
- learned how to operate the electric pallet jack

- friendly co workers

- work life balance and weekends off
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of career progression opportunities
David Jones is a top tier department store.
David Jones is proud of their customer service offered to shoppers. It is a top tier department store, where shoppers are able to enjoy excellent customer service. I enjoyed working for David Jones as it taught me the importance of customer service, and that customers are always in the forefront of our minds.
Fast-paced, little opportunity for growth
David Jones is still extremely hierarchical in nature with a lot of workers who have been in the business for 10+ years, who remain due to tenure and often recieve promotions for the same reason.

The experience was great in terms of being exposed to large organisation and high workload.
Social, fun environment
Set work targets
Meet targets via pint of sale

Assist customers

Arrange market devises

Advertise

Educate clients

Coworkers worked well together

Hardest past - not enough hours
Pros
Free goods
Cons
Not enough hours
Highly competitive work environment with opportunity to excel and learn from market leaders
Expectations are high but rewards make it worthwhile. Fantastic people to work with and learn from. Opportunity to work autonomously or as part of a team where ideas can be bounced off each other to gain the best possible outcome. Lots of support from peers.
satisfying
check your appointment book to see what the day has installed. look after the client service need. manage your day by running on time to keep clients happy. hardest part of my job would be standing up. most enjoyable thing is the customer contact seeing your client happy and returning to ask for you again job well done.
Pros
free haircuts.
Cons
Productive and a positive environment
Can get extremely busy during festive seasons. i love working as a team member and I am great at following instructions and showing initiative
Pros
Bonus, free training
Cons
Busy at festive seasons
Productive and a fun place to work.
Productive and a fun place to work. good working environment. handy location.
Unique, proactive experience
Opportunity to work with a diverse range of both ages and cultures, making it a unique, and positive experience which assisted me with my studies and enlightened me on the events industry.
Pros
Free Meals
DJ's
There is no other store like David Jones.
A nice place to work for.
proactive and fun working
Looking for a fun loving and team playing environment company where i can work and utilise my skills.
Pros
free coffees
A great organization to work with
Working with David Jones was an awesome experience overall. My job was to take calls and assist customers online. I have learnt great customer services skills and its one of the best experience in Sydney so far.
Management was very cooperative and helpful and my co-workers have been very supportive. Though I faced bit of a problem due to some wrong guidance but all went good in the end.

There wasn't any hardest part of the job as such but sometimes I found it hard to deal with unhappy customers as I was unaware of what might have happened before. It was mainly because it was a Christmas temporary job. However, I learned to deal by the end and all was good in the end.
Pros
Effective Learning Environment
Cons
Little Misunderstandings due to high work load
David Jones is a premier retail industry in Australia
The project was a technical upgrade of the corporation and outlets. It was focused on bringing in the legacy data sources into a state of the art data warehouse and using Business Intelligence tools and processes to service the corporate data
Pros
Embraced cuting edge technology on par with BI worldwide practices
Cons
Being old fashioned company the human resource has inertia towards BI
Productive and fun environment
Processing invoices,
Month end reports

Banking,

General AdHoc duties
Fun and learning experience.
A typical day at David Jones for me would be setting up my area for the day. Ensuring i have all the materials full stock to run the shift smoothly. All my co-workers are easy to work with. We have good understanding of working in team. We have various food outlets where we are sent to different bars when there is short of staff. For me this is the hardest part but nevertheless i do manage to handle it well enough to ensure not to have any customers complain.
Great Company
Company is nice and the pay is decent however it all depands on who you work with and who the managers are. During my time there, the turnover for managers was crazy; new one every week it seemed.
A good place to work
In was a great experience working in David Jones and as there are a lot to learn, exciting challenges to work with and a great team and Managers. There are constant product trainings, skill upgrading sessions and team building. I have always looking forward to work because of the wonderful colleagues and to be working in a company that look after their employees.
Pros
constant product and skill trainings
Cons
lower wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.