David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative15 reviews
Management is very aggressive towards staff so hopefully they change them regularly so the best is to do your job well to avoid stress. As long as job is done well no problems arise. Working for two companies was difficult.
Pros
Safe company, payments on time, good breaks
Cons
Some managers have a power problem
very busy and helpful staff. training documents provided are top of the range. Management eager to ensure smooth transition to the selling floor. the hardest part of the job was to work with staff who have been at David Jones for many years and are dissatisfied for their personal reasons. Reflected in their interactions with new staff coming in. I was able to refresh and improve my customer service skills. I was thrilled to be working with the public in such a busy environment.
Pros
staff discounts on products
Cons
Toxic work environment where bullying and harassment is a normal everyday practice. Very ageist, class structure in evident between management and sales staff. No prober Work Health and Safety Practices.
a good place to work with out doubt the best expirience in work i have yet had. only one complaint is that the induction culture they want ingrained is lacking in some of the longer term staff you will work with
Training was always there number 1, never throw you in the deep end. All staff members were lovely and always helped you even if it was there job. The management is great.
Pros
Lovely staff members, all lunch breaks
Cons
Working for this company is good but its not necessarily a career option for me as my postion does not allow much interaction.
While staff are friendly i find my position to be dull certain times of day and year.

However, If you love an office job it is perfect.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Can be quiet and slow
Lovely people to work with! Customers are great too! I've learnt so much at David Jones as they regularly hold training sessions on Customer Service and WHS to keep us and the customers safe.
First and foremost this was sales job, one of the most frequent tasks is working on the Point Of Sale and working at the customer service desk
Greeting and serving customers from the moment they enter the shop. Advise customers and answer any queries they may have, from stock availability and details of special offers to a product’s price. Lay Buy , Click & Collect conditions and credit and store card issues.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours on your feet
Just want to say it's a great company to work BUT I still want a transfer .Work ethic is very high . The company loks out for the staff .
Pros
great work ethic
Cons
Late night Fridays.
A typical day never goes as planned, quick decision are required in a fast and action paced work environment. Great learning ground for working as a team and developing leadership skills. Communication and execution are key to the success of the tasks undertaken. Great and friendly co-workers with a touch of a home from home.
Pros
Challenging great learning opportunities
Cons
Can get extremely busy during festive seasons. i love working as a team member and I am great at following instructions and showing initiative
Pros
Bonus, free training
Cons
Busy at festive seasons
I am currently working with the Online Team, a typical day is usually busy, productive and dealing with many different situations. My Co-workers and myself all get on well, we are here to support and help each other, regardless if you are new to the team or not. The hardest part is when maybe the system lets us down or works really slow. The enjoyable part of working for this company is achieving happy outcomes for our customers. As you can tell this is a job, I enjoy very much.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
Working late on cold wet nights, can be a drag getting come late.
Working with David Jones was an awesome experience overall. My job was to take calls and assist customers online. I have learnt great customer services skills and its one of the best experience in Sydney so far.
Management was very cooperative and helpful and my co-workers have been very supportive. Though I faced bit of a problem due to some wrong guidance but all went good in the end.

There wasn't any hardest part of the job as such but sometimes I found it hard to deal with unhappy customers as I was unaware of what might have happened before. It was mainly because it was a Christmas temporary job. However, I learned to deal by the end and all was good in the end.
Pros
Effective Learning Environment
Cons
Little Misunderstandings due to high work load
Punctuality most important. On the job learning includes sales angles and pitches, dispute resolution and effective time management. Working with experienced, knowledgeable colleagues, the hardest part of the job is working through the holidays or otherwise very busy times.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low rate of pay
In my position at David Jones my main duties included
Maintaining the customer service counter

Staff rostering

Chubb cash collections

General admin duties

Switchboard operations

Data entry

Face to face customer enquires
Pros
meeting people
Cons
weekend work