David Jones Employee Reviews for Manager

3.4Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
Childish, ignorant management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific Fair Shopping Centre QLD6 October 2019
Worked at Pacific Fair over 2 years, in that time I have never witnessed so much bullying by a group of managers in all my 20 years in customer service. Although I myself (as a concession manager) was only subjugated to 10 times or so of insulting & degrading comments, I witnessed this abhorrent behaviour almost every day. Management reminds me of a group of ex bullied high-schoolers that finally have their revenge on the world! Pay is rubbish and the hours are long (wait till Christmas OMG). Upper level pompous management are equally clueless, visions of grandeur dancng in all their heads. Avoid this place at all costs!!!
Work as a concession at David jones
Manager (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW5 March 2018
Work inside David jones is horrible it’s one of the worst jobs I had no support.. dj management threat you constantly Djs staff believe that they have superior powers so they can treat you like rubbish and it’s ok and they are supported buy the management that bullies you constantly... so that was my experience working inside DJ...
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
A long list
Luxurious environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD10 July 2014
I love working for such an iconic brand that is synonomous with quality and is known for it's impeccable customer focus and service. David Jones has a wonderful team of well presented, trained and professional staff and I am priveledged to be part of a company that is an Australian icon.
Pros
Staff discount throughout David Jones
Cons
Standing up all day/night on tiled flooring :(