David Jones
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

David Jones Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate14 reviews
Enjoyable and great sales learning environment. In some departments managerial positions need reviewing. Culture of sales staff is very competitive.
Comfortable working environment Working with David Jones colleagues was a great learning adventure
All colleagues in all departments were very helpful
The only good thing about this company is the Co-workers and the customers. Management is slack. Especially when it comes to asking for help when its busy, extra help only ever shows up when it suits the managers and they dont have to pay to have extra people on. They never put enough staff on when you need it. Staff are always having problems with pay wether its late or missing. Most of the concession workers dont get SAN numbers so alot of customers dont get served. They mess up availabilities alot too. Put you on the exact times you say you can't work. Overall this company has alot of fixing to do with thier entire attitude and the way they "look after" their staff.
Pros
Staff, Customers.
Cons
Management, Pay, Availability.
David Jones Provided a lot of flexibility and benefits for staff members.
Most enjoyable were the Christmas parties and the friendships that were made.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Stock take
As I enjoy excellent customer service and assisting customers,I thrive in this role and constantly achieve high sale targets. I work independently and stock a very large area in the mens department.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No incentives
It was average working as a Christmas casual here. The pay wasn't the best and the management was rude. overall wouldn't recommend. Always short staffed also.
Pros
the shifts given
Cons
management
awesome people. work and great fashions. great culture David Jones has and staff discounts, very friendly team environment and team building exercises
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
I loved working for David Jones. They provided extensive and proactive training and I was working in the area I wanted.
You get to meet so many different walks of life and you know your working for a company that follows rules and meets its expectations.
Pros
Invitations to particular parties, chance to meet Miranda Kerrs brother, chance to meet celebrities and insight on fashion and beauty plus staff discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours and a drop in sales.
my most enjoyable part about a job is learning new things, meeting others. The hardest part is probably getting past the challenges. ive been throughout many workplace cultures. the mamagement of all of my managers have been exceptional. i learned many things, ive learned more about the fashion industry, ive learnt many things throughout my retail experience, by knowing how to speak to customers when they ask for your opinion. i love a busy day at work, makes it fun, keeps you moving and the day goes quicker.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
quiet days
it was quiet an interesting and challenging work environment for me, which is a great thing because I like to challenge myself in any situation to become the best that I can.
Working at a florist in David Jones has given me the ability to gain more experience with dealing and handling customers etc...
Set work targets
Meet targets via pint of sale

Assist customers

Arrange market devises

Advertise

Educate clients

Coworkers worked well together

Hardest past - not enough hours
Pros
Free goods
Cons
Not enough hours
I liked my work, my co-workers, so I was always happy to go to work. I liked the majority of my customers and many became regulars. Had a good working relationship with management...always found if you did your job there wasn't any problems. The training was always ongoing. Their never was a day devoid of humour...great friendships were made which have stood the test of time.

I recently left my last position because I found travelling by public transport to the city for years just too much. Had been doing for so long. I decided that I didn't want to work fulltime anymore and wanted to be closer to home. I also wanted to drive to work and not be subject to the whim of the public transport system. want more work/life balance. I found the daily travel the hardest part.

The most enjoyable??? The people and the challenges...I am a tad competitive and enjoy. Everyday is a new day.
Pros
The more experienced I became, the more my confidence grew.
Cons
Travelling to and from work.
high sales volume required
Achieved departments highest average monthly sales

Intensive training provided

Good team work environment
Pros
incentive benefits
AN amazing environment with fantastic people, good training and a fun atmosphere. Everyone was encoring and welcoming, it was a challenging but fulfilling role and I would one day love to work there again.