David Jones Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Pretty Average
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 January 2019
The only good thing about this company is the Co-workers and the customers. Management is slack. Especially when it comes to asking for help when its busy, extra help only ever shows up when it suits the managers and they dont have to pay to have extra people on. They never put enough staff on when you need it. Staff are always having problems with pay wether its late or missing. Most of the concession workers dont get SAN numbers so alot of customers dont get served. They mess up availabilities alot too. Put you on the exact times you say you can't work. Overall this company has alot of fixing to do with thier entire attitude and the way they "look after" their staff.
Pros
Staff, Customers.
Cons
Management, Pay, Availability.
Flexibility
High End Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT7 August 2018
David Jones Provided a lot of flexibility and benefits for staff members.
Most enjoyable were the Christmas parties and the friendships that were made.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Stock take
Excellent Customer Service
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Brookvale NSW12 June 2018
As I enjoy excellent customer service and assisting customers,I thrive in this role and constantly achieve high sale targets. I work independently and stock a very large area in the mens department.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No incentives
not the best
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 April 2018
It was average working as a Christmas casual here. The pay wasn't the best and the management was rude. overall wouldn't recommend. Always short staffed also.
Pros
the shifts given
Cons
management
great company
RETAIL SALES - FASHION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT15 May 2017
awesome people. work and great fashions. great culture David Jones has and staff discounts, very friendly team environment and team building exercises
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
David Jones has a vibrant atmospher and you learn many different skills. The salary is good and people who work there are professional.
I loved working for David Jones. They provided extensive and proactive training and I was working in the area I wanted.
You get to meet so many different walks of life and you know your working for a company that follows rules and meets its expectations.
Pros
Invitations to particular parties, chance to meet Miranda Kerrs brother, chance to meet celebrities and insight on fashion and beauty plus staff discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours and a drop in sales.
looks like a fun workplace
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD9 March 2017
my most enjoyable part about a job is learning new things, meeting others. The hardest part is probably getting past the challenges. ive been throughout many workplace cultures. the mamagement of all of my managers have been exceptional. i learned many things, ive learned more about the fashion industry, ive learnt many things throughout my retail experience, by knowing how to speak to customers when they ask for your opinion. i love a busy day at work, makes it fun, keeps you moving and the day goes quicker.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
quiet days
it was a fast work pace environment with alot of hands on duties
Florist/Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St James NSW31 July 2016
it was quiet an interesting and challenging work environment for me, which is a great thing because I like to challenge myself in any situation to become the best that I can.
Working at a florist in David Jones has given me the ability to gain more experience with dealing and handling customers etc...
Social, fun environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY NSW13 September 2015
Set work targets
Meet targets via pint of sale
Assist customers
Arrange market devises
Advertise
Educate clients
Coworkers worked well together
Hardest past - not enough hours
Pros
Free goods
Cons
Not enough hours
David Jones
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD3 September 2015
I liked my work, my co-workers, so I was always happy to go to work. I liked the majority of my customers and many became regulars. Had a good working relationship with management...always found if you did your job there wasn't any problems. The training was always ongoing. Their never was a day devoid of humour...great friendships were made which have stood the test of time.

I recently left my last position because I found travelling by public transport to the city for years just too much. Had been doing for so long. I decided that I didn't want to work fulltime anymore and wanted to be closer to home. I also wanted to drive to work and not be subject to the whim of the public transport system. want more work/life balance. I found the daily travel the hardest part.

The most enjoyable??? The people and the challenges...I am a tad competitive and enjoy. Everyday is a new day.
Pros
The more experienced I became, the more my confidence grew.
Cons
Travelling to and from work.
Fast-pace environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  South Australia13 June 2015
high sales volume required
Achieved departments highest average monthly sales
Intensive training provided
Good team work environment
Pros
incentive benefits
Wonderful work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 March 2015
AN amazing environment with fantastic people, good training and a fun atmosphere. Everyone was encoring and welcoming, it was a challenging but fulfilling role and I would one day love to work there again.