David Jones

David Jones Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Avoid this almost bust company. Inhumant treatment from the Sydney regional manager
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 December 2019
Very bad experience, incredibly inhuman treatment of by the regional manager. They expect you to always wear and buy a suit even though you are only employed for 25 hours a week, and on two months contract. No black snekears, only leather shoe and you cant sit down or walk around for 10 hour shift. Direct manager are more understanding but the regional manager treat you like garbage. She will confiscate your phone with your credit card in the phone sleeves for having your phone on the desk even though you explained that you were helping the customer looking at the online store earlier.
Great work place culture,
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Toowong QLD5 March 2018
I spent 4 years at david jones and learn a lot of things about humans and selling to them. There are many different personality types and i have encounted all of them. David jones has taught me the true meaning of customer service, and how to sell to all different type of personalities.
Pros
great people, great work environment, good lunch room
Cons
other staff not doing there job properly which makes your job a bit harder
very professional and friendly working environment
Sales Representative (Men's Fashion) (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 October 2017
One of the best working experiences i've had, as retail is a passion for me, the staff is very professional and welcoming, i learnt a lot in the retail industry that will definitely help me in the future
Pros
had 2 of my friends working with me
Cons
getting to the location of work wasnt as easy
good place to work in
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Perth WA13 March 2017
the most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with customers daily and giving them information according to their needs
bur more often than not customers insist on having their way,whether or not it complies with our company rules.
management is ok though sometimes we wished it could have been better
Pros
sometimes too much stock to unload
Cons
not enough hours given
Productive and fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burwood NSW5 February 2017
Gave me the opportunity to enhance my exisiting customer service skills and sales skills. Fellow employees are more than friendly which made it easier to team collaborate.
Pros
Long breaks for casual worker
Good company to work for
Sales Proffessional (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2017
Enjoyed working with David Jones lots of great people I met along my journey. Management was great and very friendly. Met a lot of friends also no complaints