David Jones

David Jones Employee Review

Productive and fun place to work in
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 February 2020
It's a great experience working in David Jones. Coworkers are cooperative and managers have been great. They have training for product knowledge and people are willing to help and guide you when you have questions. The only point where you get stressful is selling the Amex Card. It's a valuable card yet the constant pressure of getting it kinda take over the fun side working in David Jones.
Pros
Nice people and they actually give good customer service.
Cons
The constant pressure to sell Amex

Other David Jones Employee Reviews

David Jones
Counter Hand (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 March 2020
Long time ago that I worked at DJs but it was a lovely time and great staff ,benefits were good too
If I was looking again I would not hesitate to apply
Good for a part-time worker
Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW10 March 2020
Part-time worker was good as our shifts were guaranteed but when applying for annual leave, management rarely checks them which is troubling because in the end, they will blame it on you for not doing it "earlier" and tell you to find other employees to take your shift. Long hours and is tiring if you do a 9:30 to 7pm shift. Good pay once you're 20 though. Casuals only get one shift a week in the quieter months though. A lot of talking behind people's backs in the workplace and managers play favourites. This would be fine until they make it too obvious. They will give shifts to those they like and joke around with them during the shifts but will tell you off or order you around if you're not their "favourite". Super unprofessional. Also A LOT of upper management walking around the floors so be ready to dress professionally and be on your best behaviour. I felt like I was working at an office on certain days because it is a very professional workplace. Don't think they are like other retailers where you can slack off. I've only been working here for a little less than a year and the other girls with me want to leave already. We're just tired of the workplace. Same routine, typical rude customers, tiring and nothing new. Wish we had longer breaks since we work an all-day shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David Jones. Our community is ready to answer.