Department of Conservation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Department of Conservation Employee Review

Great people to work with

17 January 2018
Typical day at work: log onto the computer and open emails open the safe set up the reception desk collect the mail and open sort and disperse mail answer email, phone and over counter queries assist with arranging meetings ordering stationary and uniforms hunting permits organise staff travel invoicing creating files for staff and human resources Management: Excellent support and training great work place culture and support. I really enjoyed the job but as we (my partner and our child) were relocating to the bay I couldn't stay on.
Pros
excellent people to work with
Cons
compliance and spreadsheets
2 June 2014
Same role
Administration Officer (Former Employee) - Rotorua, N
I worked with a great group of people and I've learned so much from them. They were helpful and friendly and we had lots of good times. Management isn't the best in my opinion although there many good people in this position, the one that I know of wasn't able to manage people at the professional level required. Getting to know the work, because of all the facets to it was hard, but once learned it became fun.
Pros
Learn about and visit some of the most beautiful places on Earth
26 October 2020
Summer ranger (Former Employee) - Waikawau
Great place to work, amazing beautifull spots too work at, helping maintain our beautifull area and country, we had a great team where we all supported each other!
Pros
Onsite lunch room
14 September 2017
Quality Systems Analyst (Former Employee) - Wellington Central, Wellington
Development of Quality Management Systems to ensure that the New Zealand environment remains in good condition for future generations and ensuring the propagation of indigenous plant species free from the risk of being overwhelmed by invasive plant species (weeds)