Department of Conservation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Department of Conservation Employee Review

Protection of New Zealand Flora & Fauna

14 September 2017
Development of Quality Management Systems to ensure that the New Zealand environment remains in good condition for future generations and ensuring the propagation of indigenous plant species free from the risk of being overwhelmed by invasive plant species (weeds)
26 October 2020
Summer ranger (Former Employee) - Waikawau
Great place to work, amazing beautifull spots too work at, helping maintain our beautifull area and country, we had a great team where we all supported each other!
Pros
Onsite lunch room
17 January 2018
Administration Officer (Current Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
Typical day at work: log onto the computer and open emails open the safe set up the reception desk collect the mail and open sort and disperse mail answer email, phone and over counter queries assist with arranging meetings ordering stationary and uniforms hunting permits organise staff travel invoicing creating files for staff and human resources Management: Excellent support and training great work place culture and support. I really enjoyed the job but as we (my partner and our child) were relocating to the bay I couldn't stay on.
Pros
excellent people to work with
Cons
compliance and spreadsheets
20 April 2017
Project Coordinator (Internship) (Former Employee) - Wellington, Wellington
DOC has very friendly workplace environment and I learned lot of new things related to the project coordination which I was not experienced before. It was very challenging and exiting opportunity.