Department of Conservation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Department of Conservation Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

DOC has very friendly workplace environment and I learned lot of new things related to the project coordination which I was not experienced before. It was very challenging and exiting opportunity.
Awesome team, great company culture and feel that the work I do is appreciated. It is a very inspiring working environment with free coffee and tea and friendly people.
Pros
free refreshments
A typical day at work involves checking emails and mail and responding to theses, processing loans and interloans, updating databases, shelving, team meetings once a week and workshops. - I learned team building skills and team spiritmanship. - Management is friendly and helpful. Co-workers are friendly, helpful and cooperative. - The hardest part of the job is when there are too many request from both library and records and everybody is busy and there is no one to assist with workload. the most enjoyable part is that there is always someone to help if you do not know how to do things
Pros
Free Coffee/milo for morning and afternoon tea, free lunches once in a while and good opportunities for professional development
Cons
Fixed term contracts and temps do not benefit from professional development