Destination Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Destination Education Employee Reviews in London

London4 reviews
Good staff, friendly recruitment experts. Awesome benefits.

Perfect for starting and forging a teaching career, not to be used for a long term teaching career.
Pros
Good employee benefits, such as discounts at movies
Cons
Salary and deductions
I was told that I would be joining a school the following week. I never received a call.I had to call the agency to find out the problem.
It’s a no from me
in my case i experienced regular work opportunities over the 5 months period i worked for them, though fairly far away from my home location (other agencies are better in providing opportunities more locally where i live)
the agency has overall some very nice schools in their portfolio. some of them are a real pleasure. the agency seems fairly straight down to business, easy to deal with, no silly fuss just gets the teacher out for work. bookings in the mornings run very smooth but be careful with half day bookings they are badly paid about 60-70£, other agencies pay 100 for a half a day.

however, despite my positive experience at first i discontinued working with them due to a rude member of staff unable to be helpful over the phone but good at bullying me for having a payment query. reduced me to tears. I complained about it in an email but never got an answer, which i found very disappointing after having worked for them for months. not having answered my mail kind of ignored my complain but confirmed the bully.

there i drew a line. i don't accept bullying in the classroom why should i accept being bullied and verbally attacked by an agency? never returned to them, there are plenty of other agencies out there to work with!

be aware they have got contracts with 3 umbrella companies and expect to you to sign up with one of them, which is not ok. most other agency you can choose any umbrella company or to go PAYE, which Destination does not like at all. also other agency pay the same daily rate whether you are paid through PAYE or umbrella, Destination won't they pay
 - more...
Pros
some staff are lovely, no fuss, regular work, smooth bookings in the morning
Cons
they do not like PAYE, you have to use 'their' umbrella companies. some poor and rude staff.
You get a call at 7 30 to tell you which school you go to. You go and work with the kids and help them and thats all great!

However come pay day the advertised £70 after tax and NI employees insurance AND NI employers insurance (despite the fact you are NOT self employed and DO NOT get any expenses because of this yet still pay your EMPLOYERS insurance) goes down to about £54 and that is a BIG difference.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Destination Education. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5