Destination Education Employee Review

View all Destination Education reviews

Good place to start out a teaching career
Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2018
Good staff, friendly recruitment experts. Awesome benefits.

Perfect for starting and forging a teaching career, not to be used for a long term teaching career.
Pros
Good employee benefits, such as discounts at movies
Cons
Salary and deductions

Other Destination Education Employee Reviews

Great place to find work.
Learning Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  WLC10 September 2019
Got good work in teaching. Thank you. Process application and get work efficiently. Would highly recommend. Interview to registeration process is quick and simple.
good agency with good schools but some 'payment' drawbacks!
supply teacher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2017
in my case i experienced regular work opportunities over the 5 months period i worked for them, though fairly far away from my home location (other agencies are better in providing opportunities more locally where i live)
the agency has overall some very nice schools in their portfolio. some of them are a real pleasure. the agency seems fairly straight down to business, easy to deal with, no silly fuss just gets the teacher out for work. bookings in the mornings run very smooth but be careful with half day bookings they are badly paid about 60-70£, other agencies pay 100 for a half a day.
however, despite my positive experience at first i discontinued working with them due to a rude member of staff unable to be helpful over the phone but good at bullying me for having a payment query. reduced me to tears. I complained about it in an email but never got an answer, which i found very disappointing after having worked for them for months. not having answered my mail kind of ignored my complain but confirmed the bully.
there i drew a line. i don't accept bullying in the classroom why should i accept being bullied and verbally attacked by an agency? never returned to them, there are plenty of other agencies out there to work with!
be aware they have got contracts with 3 umbrella companies and expect to you to sign up with one of them, which is not ok. most other agency you can choose any umbrella company or to go PAYE, which Destination does not like at all. also other agency pay the same daily rate whether you are paid through PAYE or umbrella, Destination won't they pay
  more... less when you go PAYE!  less
Pros
some staff are lovely, no fuss, regular work, smooth bookings in the morning
Cons
they do not like PAYE, you have to use 'their' umbrella companies. some poor and rude staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Destination Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Destination Education Reviews by Job Title