Digital Mobile
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Digital Mobile Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland2 reviews
Digital Mobile is a both a dealership of and part owned by Vodafone NZ. My role as a Pre-Sales Technical Analyst was to support up to 50 sales reps in selling complex solutions and/or selling to large business customers.

The expectations for this role were; To identify and develop new revenue opportunities within existing customer base and new customer leads. To assist reps with complex or large business sales opportunities using Pre-sales techniques such as; sales modelling, group discussion, customer consultation, technical designs, commercial bids analysis and proposal development. To network with potential channel partners and manage relationships. Lastly to provide ongoing training and development for all sales teams including one-on-one coaching.

Digital Mobile had been undergoing much organisational change resulting in disruption of reporting lines and team development. Change always hurts and this was no exception. I enjoyed working with many colleagues and found them to be passionate, professional and trustworthy.

The hardest part of the job was obtaining timely resource from Vodafone. Operating as a dealership meant resource often needed to be booked-in advance then assigned even for day to day activities. Examples of these resource are; commercial bids team, solutions specialists, Install Co-ordinators and trainers. This often negatively impacted sales opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job was winning big business, earning good commission and observing development within individuals and teams. Some examples of recent wins were; Radius Residential
 - more...
Pros
relaxed, positive, passionate
Cons
Management structure, culture, personal and skill development
I had previously been in a door to door sales job before, so switching to a call center for sales was quite the change. I realized I had to use my tone of voice and words where as before I could easily rely on my body language. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
Free coffee/hot chocolate, M-f 9-5, comission ontop of salary
Cons
Preferred F2F interaction rather than telephone
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Digital Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.
Digital Mobile Reviews by Job Title