Digital Mobile Employee Review

View all Digital Mobile reviews

Dynamic Business but Challenging
PRE-SALES TECHNICAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Auckland28 May 2015
Digital Mobile is a both a dealership of and part owned by Vodafone NZ. My role as a Pre-Sales Technical Analyst was to support up to 50 sales reps in selling complex solutions and/or selling to large business customers.

The expectations for this role were; To identify and develop new revenue opportunities within existing customer base and new customer leads. To assist reps with complex or large business sales opportunities using Pre-sales techniques such as; sales modelling, group discussion, customer consultation, technical designs, commercial bids analysis and proposal development. To network with potential channel partners and manage relationships. Lastly to provide ongoing training and development for all sales teams including one-on-one coaching.

Digital Mobile had been undergoing much organisational change resulting in disruption of reporting lines and team development. Change always hurts and this was no exception. I enjoyed working with many colleagues and found them to be passionate, professional and trustworthy.

The hardest part of the job was obtaining timely resource from Vodafone. Operating as a dealership meant resource often needed to be booked-in advance then assigned even for day to day activities. Examples of these resource are; commercial bids team, solutions specialists, Install Co-ordinators and trainers. This often negatively impacted sales opportunities.

The most enjoyable part of the job was winning big business, earning good commission and observing development within individuals and teams. Some examples of recent wins were; Radius Residential
  more... Care, Accolade Wines NZ & Spencer Henshaw.  less
Pros
relaxed, positive, passionate
Cons
Management structure, culture, personal and skill development

Other Digital Mobile Employee Reviews

Over the top
Retail Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato12 April 2019
Micro managed way too intensely. Called us from head office about our behavior like leaning on walls to much. Upper management wouldn't listen to any complaints from staff other than store managers, even when the complaints were about the store managers.
Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Takapuna, Auckland19 June 2018
It isn't the worst job, there's a lot of perks. For me I had to travel to far so that contributed to the bad experience but otherwise it wasn't bad just not for me.