Dollar Tree
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Dollar Tree Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 22,120 reviews

Enjoyed the Work, but not the Pay

I liked working at the Dollar Store in Sterling Park Va. The customers were friendly, my manager was nice and the cash register was very easy to use. Why I left was because the hours and money were awful and there wasn’t that much of an opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Easy work, nice manager and coworkers, friendly customers

Cons

Below average pay, lack of hours, benefits

decent but not a career

There was a fast turn around of employees. I worked through 4 managers. i had a set schedule ( not typical ) I learned quickly not to volunteer to take a shift because soon they expected that.

Pros

my set m-f schedule

Cons

very low pay

Bosses that care

I was happy working at dollar tree ,but was offered a full time position.Closer to my house in Corona CA. I would really like to get my job back .and work at the Dollar Tree store in Corona CA.thank you for your time

The employees are under paid stores are a mess

This company is the worst company I ever worked for the employees are underpaid the stores are always understaffed unorganized they burn out the associates and managers that they do have because no one wants to work there for that little bit of money and they expect the associates and managers to burn there self out this company does not care about their staff or customers they barely care about their stores them stores be looking a mess and they’re always empty because no one wants to come to work and don’t be sick with a doctors note because you get written up for calling out sick even if you have a doctors note yeah that company is the worst I wouldn’t recommend it The work is easy you don’t really do anything but ring customers you barely put stock out because you’re always on the register but I wouldn’t recommend it $7.35 not worth the headache

Did not like it

Way I was treated me & my son was bad and the way the treat their employees was very bad. How they deal with customers was the worst. Store was always a messy, dirty and nasty

Definitely temporary or part time. Not worth your time

They expect the world. But give very little incentive. No training what so ever. No overtime full time managers only recieve 30 hrs a week at a rate lower then fast food. Typical retail corporations Dollar tree gets richer off the labor and broken backs of its employees.

Average Retail Enviroment

Company is okay, customers are often rude and demanding. I wish we could put people in their place when they are rude, but management frowns upon it. Prices went from $1 to $1.25 and you would have thought the world ended. It is still a very good deal when you can pay for so many items for $1.25 people get over it, go protest at the gas station if price increases upset you so much. I did not raise the prices and did not get a raise so shut up already please.

4 hour shifts

4 hour shifts. 3 days a week maybe if youre lucky and the boss likes you. Everyones always short staffed and no one really likes each other. Heres a great place to be told youre the criminal the entire time youre working. Corp accuses employees of shiesty actions by stressing the fact big brother is always watching and nothing can be done solo. There always must be two. If management cant be trusted why do you hire ppl??

Pros

4 hour shifts, Easy schedule

Cons

Clique ish, manic, general malaise, unwelcoming

Horrible management

Completely disorganized, unfair pay, they literally work you until you burn out. Incredibly hard to get time off, and the management is horrible and rude. I don’t recommend this job at all.

Experience and workload.

I believe working at Dollar Tree is a great initial Retail experience. I learned cashiering, stocking, and managing customers' requests. The particular store location I was at always seemed to be short-handed. Therefore, the workload takes a bearing on the employees.

Flexible without benefits

Part timers have no benefits, no vacation hours and do not get holiday pay. Schedule always changes, can go from 10 hours a week to 38 hours a week. Paychecks are bi-weekly.

Fun

Management is great. It's an easygoing place to work. It's not a hard job at all. I'm a people person so makes the job fun. And I don't mind putting things away. You stay busy if you do your job right and I like that..

Management sucks

They don’t care about their employees their store managers steal hours and make the assistants work the hours. Corporate doesn’t care about the store managers doing it either. I moved up fast due to short staff and loved the people tho

Love working for dollar tree

Dollar tree is very rewarding and you get what you put in. Hire train your team to company standards and it will make your job so much easier. I would recommend the job to anyone.

Fast past, always something to stay busy with

This is my by far fave job I have worked I stay busy and always have extra hours to pick up and management is amazing you don’t have to be stuck in the position you hired on as you can have cross training very understanding company

Pros

Lots room to move up in company

Cons

Rude costumers

Good

Overall Good place to work. Amazing. Enough said. Cashiers were nice and thoughtful and I could find anything. Also, the price range was absolutely beautiful.

If you can’t find anything else

If you can’t find anything I’d try it pay stinks managements are unprofessional and make the job way harder then it needs to be I hope no one else has to deal with this company

Overall great place to work.

Great place to work. Chance for advancement quick if you apply yourself. Busy and makes day go by quick. Coworkers are fun to be around and Noone is backstabbing. Management is supportive and understanding.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Some coworkers call in sick alot or quit with no notice

Busy Busy Busy

The second you walk in the door other co-workers are happy to see you but for the reason of extreme exhaustion form working nonstop since they clocked in, if they were given enough time to clock in. Three optional 4-5 hour shifts available per day. If an employee doesn’t show up to let you off work your stuck working there shift too. Can get a bit annoying because they do hire all type of walks of life. It is rare to have a hard worker who works at the good old Dollar Tree.

Pros

Quick shifts

Cons

No extra help

Needs a lot of work

Dollar Tree needs to care about their people more and pay better they used to give bonuses but they weren’t very good and you had to do a lot of things to get in and work your buttoff I be at the store 24 hours a day it’s just not worth

good place

it's a good environment all thought the pay is less then average in my opinion. the hours can be terrible at times as well, the job is fun and it's a good paced job that keeps you busy your whole shift, every manager i've worked with has been super friendly and understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dollar Tree. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Dollar Tree