Domino's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Domino's:

Domino's Employee Reviews

New Zealand102 reviews
Productive busy and skillfull
A typical day at work is busy, lots to do. I learned customer service skills and teamwork. It helps with personal management. Hardest part is rush times (peak hours) and the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with others and learning new skills
Productive and fun Work space
Dominos a great company and offers various opportunities. They build young and ready teams and it was pleasant. I was awarded and acknowledged by the Company and it made me feel like a part of a family. Pays very well. Learned a lot about how to make pizzas and fold boxes. I also deal with customers over the phone and in person. Very respectful place to work.
Working at Dominoz
At dominoz it was more of stressful and fast-paced work area,I have not worked much under tht campaign but I donot like to work for food industry
Customer service &Customer satisfaction were the two main additives learned during that period
fun work
i had great time working there. staff was like my familiy.i have learnt alot and also grew alot and had promotion. i needed to change job because i moved to different country.
Shift Manager
Dominos was my first job, I was promoted to shift lead at 16. Management changed constantly and could be very unprofessional. When there was a good, reasonable GM the store ran better, but they changed so often. Employees were not trained correctly and we were oftwn often understaffed.
very fast passed
the amount of work we do for dominos and the pay is minimum wage its not quite right. It's quite a stressful job and when it's peek time there aren't other staff members.
Its okay, good experiance not enough hours
Good but i only get 4 hours a week which is not enough at all for what i am trying to earn to live and provide myself with nice things ect, $60 is nothing
fun and fast paced
It was a good place to work as the hours and the people were nice.
the pay could have been better though

the pace of the environment of which I worked in was rather fast it was good to have a challenge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Domino's?
productive but ok
you have to have a strong head as costumers do come in and yell at you. you have to know that they aren't yelling at you if that makes sense. for me it wasn't the best experience and don't recommend it to other people
All the staff is very helpful and keep motivated their employees.
The day I start working at Domino's, I was very nervous as well as when u went in my 1st delivery I was unable to find house and I was like what's happening, but as time passed I was getting confident while doing deliveries, I also started learning inside the store.
fast paced
Work part-time during rush hours and it's full on especially when large orders like deliveries come through and you have a few minutes to cut upto 20 pizzas
fun and helping environment
i liked the job. The people were great and i was working in a fun caring environment. The store managers and my employer were always helpful towards me. the only thing is that... pay for a student under the age of 16 was pretty bad at only 7.50 per hour. Overall i would still recommend this to people over 16 years of age.
Productive and team building workplace
I have gained a lot of skills from dominos, skills i have not experienced before. They walked me through the health and safety procedures and very very helpful with them. I learnt how to make good pizza.
Great place to work.
• Assisted to improve upselling by 50%
• Friendly, approachable and gregarious

• Takes ownership of a customer’s problems

• Working supportively and collaboratively with team members
Fun workplace
Easy going and nice place to work. Really enjoy working here, the staff are all lovely and the work is good in terms of setting you up for the future world.
not a great experience
this job, while brief was not a great experience with those who are in charge and running this store in particular. It just felt like a poor working envrionment
fun workplace
It is a very fun work environment and your coworkers are also very nice and welcoming. Very comfortable place to work, hours varied but majority of the time they were good hours.
Pros
free pizza sometimes
Cons
smell like pizza
Fun workplace
A typical day at work as a CSR involved standing at the counter for 2 hours a shift, I did this 4 days a week. As a student obviously this helped but if you're looking for more hours dominos probably isn't the place for you.
Diversity is very disregarded within the store.

Management is alright, I never had any problems shift managers choose amongst themselves who is going to run the store for the night and you report back to that person, which helped and I guess kept a good healthy rotation.

The job as a CSR and pizza maker is very easy and its really enjoyable forming bonds with co-workers because it's such a tight-knit store and also bonds with the regular customers. However, there are difficult customers which obviously you deal with calmly and respectfully.

My manager really restricted what I did as a team member. I worked there for a year and continued to do mostly what I did during the first week I started.

I also had a not very pleasant interaction with a someone who sexually harassed me which continued after months which enraged made me quit.

Till is not at all kept safe. its all way too accessible with keys flying everywhere and money not kept to a certain amount. When we got checks we had to pretend to keep the key out when most times it was in the till for easy access. It's a robbery waiting to happen.

Also what's the point of wearing hair nets if you aren't going to wear a beard net, as a customer has mentioned in the reviews?
Pros
free bad pizzas
Cons
short hours
Nice
Got to know about the working environment of New Zealand.
By working here communication skills (by serving local people) increases, which is very helpful.
fun place
Chilled out, you do deliveries, everyone there is an absolute dropkick so you don't have to worry that you're not working hard enough or that you're about to lose your job i love it
Too much work pressure on staff. Poor management. Highly dangerous place I never seen in my experience.
I have worked here as a shift runner. Staff never did any mistakes but still owner( store manager) doing too many allegations on staff which is baseless. Asked staff for sing on dishonest papers. Highly not recommend.