Domino's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Domino's Employee Reviews in Christchurch, Canterbury

Christchurch, Canterbury7 reviews
A typical day at work is busy, lots to do. I learned customer service skills and teamwork. It helps with personal management. Hardest part is rush times (peak hours) and the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with others and learning new skills
Management treat staff horribly, poor pay with only $2 per delivery even when doing a 10 minute drive. Management needs to learn what boundaries are and what is legal and what is not. Hours are always uncertain, sometimes i get 23 hours and then next week I get 16. Not consistent at all. Would not recommend ever even applying for Dominos
Cons
Got to know about the working environment of New Zealand.
By working here communication skills (by serving local people) increases, which is very helpful.
Fun working at Dominos, although hygiene wise it is a bit poor. Staff eat behind the oven or where customers cant see them. Great environment, everyone is friendly and welcoming, always having a laugh, hours arent the best, as where I work you usually only get two hours a night, 2 times a week or three times a week if youre lucky. Other than that it is good.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
little hours
I learned to work at a busy place without getting too much pressure and handling the situation well. For me making pizzas is enjoyable part of the job.
I would arrive at work for my two hour shift (I get given four hours a week) and when I would finish working like a slave (being given the horrible jobs while the manager sits at the back talking with all his Indian friends) I would be sweeping the floor, cleaning and everything else. I would ask my manager after my shift for more hours, he responds every time with "you must get a licence"
Now if you're working four hours a week please tell me how you're supposed to pay for your licence or anything else you need in life?

DOMINOS WAS THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED AT!!
Pros
maybe a can of pepsi once a month?
Cons
No hours whatsoever. If you are not Indian you will get no hours.
Every Tuesday is typical day of the week . we always stuck in lots of orders . And at that time everyone need to keep theirs eyes on the stuff( what material we have ) and services . everything should be fine . i always prepare to myself for this hard day . my manager is a good person in as a nature and as a work . he manages everything in a proper way . some times i and my duty manager do all papers work . its so interesting and its the enjoyable part of my work . everyday i wait for closing because at that time we do papers work and cash accounting .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Domino's?