Domino's
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Domino's Management reviews

New Zealand104 reviews
A typical day at work is busy, lots to do. I learned customer service skills and teamwork. It helps with personal management. Hardest part is rush times (peak hours) and the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with others and learning new skills
Management treat staff horribly, poor pay with only $2 per delivery even when doing a 10 minute drive. Management needs to learn what boundaries are and what is legal and what is not. Hours are always uncertain, sometimes i get 23 hours and then next week I get 16. Not consistent at all. Would not recommend ever even applying for Dominos
Cons
Dominos was my first job, I was promoted to shift lead at 16. Management changed constantly and could be very unprofessional. When there was a good, reasonable GM the store ran better, but they changed so often. Employees were not trained correctly and we were oftwn often understaffed.
you have to have a strong head as costumers do come in and yell at you. you have to know that they aren't yelling at you if that makes sense. for me it wasn't the best experience and don't recommend it to other people
A typical day at work as a CSR involved standing at the counter for 2 hours a shift, I did this 4 days a week. As a student obviously this helped but if you're looking for more hours dominos probably isn't the place for you.
Diversity is very disregarded within the store.

Management is alright, I never had any problems shift managers choose amongst themselves who is going to run the store for the night and you report back to that person, which helped and I guess kept a good healthy rotation.
The job as a CSR and pizza maker is very easy and its really enjoyable forming bonds with co-workers because it's such a tight-knit store and also bonds with the regular customers. However, there are difficult customers which obviously you deal with calmly and respectfully.

My manager really restricted what I did as a team member. I worked there for a year and continued to do mostly what I did during the first week I started.

I also had a not very pleasant interaction with a someone who sexually harassed me which continued after months which enraged made me quit.

Till is not at all kept safe. its all way too accessible with keys flying everywhere and money not kept to a certain amount. When we got checks we had to pretend to keep the key out when most times it was in the till for easy access. It's a robbery waiting to happen.

Also what's the point of wearing hair nets if you aren't going to wear a beard net, as a customer has mentioned in the reviews?
Pros
free bad pizzas
Cons
short hours
I have worked here as a shift runner. Staff never did any mistakes but still owner( store manager) doing too many allegations on staff which is baseless. Asked staff for sing on dishonest papers. Highly not recommend.
Cons
The workplace was terrible and there was no sense of a team at all. Although it wasnt a very nice job, I did learn a lot about customer service and I am now extremely good at that.
Pros
experience
Cons
treated badly
Actually a fun job, you get to drive around listening to music and everyone is very chill, management is very nice. Would recommend to anyone looking for a part time job.
didnt enjoy the job, management was bad but it paid the bills. customer service skills were a bonus but it was very repetitive and not very rewarding.
working in domino's is fun and fast learning activity. we work in with team spirit, customer handling is main role in the store. if the store is busy we need to work till 1 am in the night, which is a cons in my opinion. management is very good in all aspects, i have grasped a fast learning and adaptability to any change in work atmosphere.
Pros
team work
Cons
late night shift
I had a great experience over here in company I experienced very busy days on day was so busy and i was short of staff as well I handled it very efficiently. I learned a lot from this company. Management was really good everyone was so understanding and helpful and friendly as well. Job was really easy nothing was hard as.
The most beautiful part of the job is when it gets busy at store everyone face was like so funny and facing rude that why its so busy.
good but if the shift were bit longer and continues. would be better.
I got to learn better management skills,
almost every part of the job is enjoyable,
get to learn a lot of managing skills if keenly observed.
Pros
after 4 hours shift free staff meal
Cons
2 to 3 hours shifts all 7 days of week
This place was good enough to work out, and was pretty good if you needed time off. BUT the management was very terrible, you would write your dates for time off way in advance and then wouldn't get it, as they don't know what they had done with the info. Since then it has been sold, so new management. but was still pretty bad
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Disorganized
The Domino's Pizza I worked at was not very goo when it came to Management as a lot of the time we were always short staffed especially when it was busy nights.

The Workplace culture was very had to fit into as most of the staff were originally from India and there were only a few Kiwi staff that worked there.

The most hardest part about this job was preparing everything for the days trading, as if you didn't make or prepare enough of everything then you would have to do more when it gets very busy.

I didn find anything that i enjoyed about this job.
There are plethora of things was learnt at Domino`s. The job was quite enjoyable due to better staff management. The method of using workforce power was impressive as they were successfully keeping the staff always energetic.
Working at Dominos was a great place to gain experience, skills and knowledge, that I can now carry out into Retail/Hospitality companies. Not only has it taught me to adapt to any situation that may arise eg. "Customer complaints" but it has also assisted me with time management, self confidence and every necessities that will be required in any work industry.
Pros
Hygenic, safe, positive vibes, friendly, professional, and the hours were good.
Cons
There were no cons working at dominos.
Everyone I worked with was very nice and personable and I never felt like I stuck out.It was easy to learn how everything was done and wasn't too challenging unless the store got really busy. Management were all very friendly. The hardest part would have been keeping up with the orders when it got busy. The most enjoyable part for me was actually making the pizzas
- A typical day at work would be cleaning from top to bottom as well as preparing the store for open and for rush shift at the end of the day.
- I've learnt many things with Domino's but most importantly I have learnt patience and organization skills.

- Management was top quality, Have never had a better boss.
- A lot of co-workers slacked off whereas some picked up the pace and did extremely well.

- The hardest part of working at Domino's pizza is that it was a fast paced workplace which meant a lot of employees would leave work unfinished because they had other things to do.

- the most enjoyable part was the pace and the teamwork. Everyone knew what to do and when to do it, workers worked in sync with each other.
Pros
Free lunches if working a long day
I liked to work in Domino's because there was respectful staff. I learned heaps of things while working there.

First of all, I learned how to talk with staff and the way to encourage and motivate the staff.

Moreover I got experience in Microsoft World as when ever I was closing in Domino's I use Microsoft Office to do the cash.

Management in Domino's was so good. They are friendly with everyone in the workplace. Always listen the problems of staff and do their best to solve their problems. Moreover they always give best deals to customers.

Hardest part of the job is to work in morning time whenever it was busy because in morning usually you not have enough staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to work at peak busy time on weekend. On weekends there was enough staff and work responsibilities was divided into staff so you only have to concentrate on you responsibility which was so fun and I like to work on that time.
Pros
Long hours shift so I was doing heaps of hours in one day.
My shifts always start at evening time because our store gets busy at evening.I always learn from other people as i am still learning.The management is good and understandable except 2-3 people. The hardest part of the job is when the store get busy there are so many pizzas in the oven and if we don't do it faster continuesly then the pizzas will stuck in the oven.Therefore, i realy enjoy working with co-wokers we always do fun when the store is not busy.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
long shifts
- Praparing the dough ( mixing up of flour and water)
- Making pizza ( putting topping on the dough, paste sauce)

- Cutting pizza

From this job i learn to work effectively and efficiently with both physical and mental work in a given time limit.

I enjoyed having christmas party at Dominos Pizza.
Our CEO prepared the party.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
busy hours