Domino's

Domino's Employee Reviews

Found 95 reviews matching the search See all 23,752 reviews
Fun place to work
Dominos (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury22 November 2016
Fun working at Dominos, although hygiene wise it is a bit poor. Staff eat behind the oven or where customers cant see them. Great environment, everyone is friendly and welcoming, always having a laugh, hours arent the best, as where I work you usually only get two hours a night, 2 times a week or three times a week if youre lucky. Other than that it is good.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
little hours
productive and fun place to work
Team-member (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland20 November 2016
Dominos was a great company to work for, they were understanding, always put the customers first, and made sure all the workers were working to their highest potentials.
Pros
great team to work with, awesome customer care, clean, and tidy.
Cons
let go early
Nice place to work as a team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury5 November 2016
I learned to work at a busy place without getting too much pressure and handling the situation well. For me making pizzas is enjoyable part of the job.
Very good team work.
Store person (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, Canterbury30 October 2016
I learnt how to manage multiple works and how to work in a team. Evening five to eight is peak period, everyone has to hurry to deliver pizzas in right time.
all is good but do not getting exact hours of work
Team member (Current Employee) –  Glen Innes, Auckland24 June 2016
it is a good working place ,dealing with different types of peoples is a challenge but due to less working hours ,just searching for new one.
Cons
didnt get exact hours.
Productive and Fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato17 May 2016
- A typical day at work would be cleaning from top to bottom as well as preparing the store for open and for rush shift at the end of the day.
- I've learnt many things with Domino's but most importantly I have learnt patience and organization skills.
- Management was top quality, Have never had a better boss.
- A lot of co-workers slacked off whereas some picked up the pace and did extremely well.
- The hardest part of working at Domino's pizza is that it was a fast paced workplace which meant a lot of employees would leave work unfinished because they had other things to do.
- the most enjoyable part was the pace and the teamwork. Everyone knew what to do and when to do it, workers worked in sync with each other.
Pros
Free lunches if working a long day
Fun workplace and respective management
Shift Run Manager (Former Employee) –  Nelson, Nelson11 May 2016
I liked to work in Domino's because there was respectful staff. I learned heaps of things while working there.

First of all, I learned how to talk with staff and the way to encourage and motivate the staff.
Moreover I got experience in Microsoft World as when ever I was closing in Domino's I use Microsoft Office to do the cash.

Management in Domino's was so good. They are friendly with everyone in the workplace. Always listen the problems of staff and do their best to solve their problems. Moreover they always give best deals to customers.

Hardest part of the job is to work in morning time whenever it was busy because in morning usually you not have enough staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to work at peak busy time on weekend. On weekends there was enough staff and work responsibilities was divided into staff so you only have to concentrate on you responsibility which was so fun and I like to work on that time.
Pros
Long hours shift so I was doing heaps of hours in one day.
Busy workplace
Multi tasker (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 May 2016
My shifts always start at evening time because our store gets busy at evening.I always learn from other people as i am still learning.The management is good and understandable except 2-3 people. The hardest part of the job is when the store get busy there are so many pizzas in the oven and if we don't do it faster continuesly then the pizzas will stuck in the oven.Therefore, i realy enjoy working with co-wokers we always do fun when the store is not busy.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
long shifts
Easy Going and Enjoyable
CSR/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Point Chevalier, Auckland, New Zealand2 May 2016
Working at Dominos was a great introduction to employment. This team is fun and were always willing to lend a hand. I was given ample exposure to career growth by being given the opportunity to develop managerial skills.
Fun and flexible
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forrest Hill, Auckland19 March 2016
- Praparing the dough ( mixing up of flour and water)
- Making pizza ( putting topping on the dough, paste sauce)
- Cutting pizza

From this job i learn to work effectively and efficiently with both physical and mental work in a given time limit.

I enjoyed having christmas party at Dominos Pizza. Our CEO prepared the party.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
busy hours
I wasn't respected as an employee
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Whangarei, Northland16 December 2015
I would be told that I was staying over time, not asked if I could, even when I had made family plans for an hour after my rostered shift had finished, I had no say in the matter. I was then verbally attacked because I stood up for myself and my rights, I then soon left. Pay was also $11.80 p/h + $2.15 per delivery, so the pay was bad for the amount of grief I had to go through.
Pros
I got fairly paid
Cons
The managers and senior staff were horrible.
good place for practice
team member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato14 December 2015
good place on practice the communication skills. this is first job i need to face to face with Local people. it enhance my communication skills and team working lot
Pros
good team working, learn how to deal with local kiwi
Cons
quite hard working physically
Overall Development
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, Wellington25 November 2015
Good place for overall development of the person like interpersonal skills, team work, customer dealing experience face to face and on phone. It gives opportunity to learn almost everything from making to cutting and doing other in-store works. everyday is typical day on domino's. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work in busy hours with loud music.
Pros
Fun loving job
Cons
Short Shifts
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington, N25 November 2015
I liked working at Domino's Pizza, every member of staff were friendly and very approachable. Working there was fun, except for when it was extremely busy it was a bit tiring but all good at the end of the night. I learned how to handle difficult customers professionally and how to handle under pressure when its busy.
Pros
Discount on food, good staff
Cons
Short hours
Spending more than earning
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tauranga City, Bay of Plenty18 November 2015
If your car doesn't really meet the fuel efficiency you will find yourself spending a lot on gas and not getting compensated the required amount back. With the commission of $2.10 by the delivery and you find yourself having to venture to all the way to pyres py and back you are really not getting much back. If you got paid the kays that would make more sense. Other than that, work environment is friendly as well as management and although there is not much hours involved it is very manageable and you don't find yourself struggling for your shift to be covered if you have to.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
non-fuel efficient
Prodective
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St.Albans15 October 2015
Fantastic place for work. Easy to learn and deal with staff. Get motivated by team. Because it provide me good knowledge about management.
Pros
Deal
Cons
Long shifts
WHAT ilearn there
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New-market,AUCKLAND21 September 2015
i learn how to make pizzas and customer service how to treat the customer means how to make customer happy .how to work in a team
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
very small shifts
Stressful rough work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamtilon, Hillcrest and Rhototuna12 July 2015
Not a good place to work. Easy to learn and get into but its stressful for a not very rewarding job. Only work here if you have no other choice.
Cons
Short hours low pay
knowledgeble ,enjoyable and hardworking environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Glen innes ,Auckland11 July 2015
Very good place to work . Any one can get team spirit ,enjoyable environment ,knowledge about working in time pressure, hardworking working style ,Dealing with customers and also with superiours . Apart from this some internal works .
productive and fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland5 June 2015
Communication with customers and working in a team are the most enjoyable parts where everyone support each others. New things always ready to learn each day.
Pros
staff discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K