DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Review

Hotel job

29 July 2020
It was a very bad management who they have, all the work I made has the incorrect tools for it ; for example the buffet you need to put the ice pretty much in into an old ice container at the end of the shift the ice is melted then you put the ice back into a buckets that was the most ridiculous thing to do . Like a slave the way you feel working half day without stopping is horrible . Then work weekends serving events , Doing another jobs as a server as a room server as a cashier as a buffet server. If your new they will put a lot of duties for you to do. The food your thought in the trash it is stupid you can feed Africa with that. Definitely you can get worse with your health working in a hotel . That’s pretty much the reason and the bad payment that I recibe to quite. I worked New Years and they didn’t pay double as what they said. Somebody is getting the big paycheck probably but not you .
Pros
Free food from the buffet
Cons
Healthcare, over duties, slavery
4 May 2020
Guest Service Agent/receptionist (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
13 November 2019
food and beverage assistant, New Zealand (Former Employee) - Hilton
I was a really great environment to work in with people are experienced and professional. Great job fairly busy work and enjoying engaging with customers in a positive way to better their experience.