DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Review

Odd hours, but the hotel discount benefit was great

21 June 2017
Overall, it was an okay part-time job. I worked in the restaurant portion of the hotel as a host and barista, and the job itself wasn't hard. I worked the breakfast shift, which was 6 am - 2 pm. You had all sorts of different clientele that walked through there, which is given in a hotel. My manager was awesome, I liked her a lot. The head chef, however, it seemed like everyone had a hard time getting along with him. I didn't personally interact with him much, but the brief times that I did, he didn't seem like the most personable guy. It's neither here nor there now, though. The job was okay for what it was, it paid okay, and the job itself wasn't hard to do, it just lacked any source of motivation to move up. There really wasn't a good step up beyond what you were already doing without transferring to a different department.
Pros
50% all food, extremely discounted hotel rooms, benefits package
Cons
Odd hours, slow lunches (no money to be made for servers), no upward mobility really
4 May 2020
Guest Service Agent/receptionist (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
13 November 2019
food and beverage assistant, New Zealand (Former Employee) - Hilton
I was a really great environment to work in with people are experienced and professional. Great job fairly busy work and enjoying engaging with customers in a positive way to better their experience.
  1. Odd hours, but the hotel discount benefit was great