DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Review

Toxic Work Environment

8 June 2020
This was the worst job ever! I worked here for a year before i decided to quit. They have supervisors that literally sit and watch you clean while making disgusting comments about how good you look or how women are supposed to clean while the men do other work, they will blow kisses at you and wink at you while you're cleaning. I specifically had a supervisor say "I don't care if you're on your period, Double up on pads and get back to work". They are constantly running out of cleaning product, gloves, toilet paper, soap/shampoo because they don't have enough budget. When they run out of cleaning product and gloves they force you to clean without gloves and use WATER to clean the bathrooms which is SO UNSANITARY. They only had 2 working vacuum cleaners so the rooms would go MONTHS without being vacuumed, they would just make us use a sticky lint roller to pick up things off the floor to make it look clean. The supervisor I had was (in his 40's) having relationships with a 20 year old housekeeper turned manager because of the relationship and they would always sneak off into a vacant room for hours on end. He also allowed her to bring her son into work, her, her mom (who also worked there) and the 2 year old would spend the whole day in a vacant room WHILE ON THE CLOCK basically babysitting instead of working. She was also always leaving while on the clock to get her nails done or go shopping then come back and show off to everyone. They don't have enough house keeping carts for all the housekeepers, so the housekeepers are always fighting for a cart or getting things stolen - more...
4 May 2020
Guest Service Agent/receptionist (Former Employee) - Wellington City, Wellington
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
13 November 2019
food and beverage assistant, New Zealand (Former Employee) - Hilton
I was a really great environment to work in with people are experienced and professional. Great job fairly busy work and enjoying engaging with customers in a positive way to better their experience.