DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,502 reviews
it was a good job but i lived in new zealand and this is most likely a very bad comparison to other doubletree jobs in the US, I think they're run differently depending on the management.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at DoubleTree by Hilton is not bad. When it's busy you work long hours but when it's the slow season you can take it easy and take some PTO. The only downside to that is that you could only really take vacation when it's really cold or really hot.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at DoubleTree by Hilton are not great. The salary was low and you had to count on your bonus. If the hotel wasn't making money then your bonus was low. Medical benefits were ok but a 401k was non existent.ManagementIn general, managers at DoubleTree by Hilton for the most part didn't really know what they were doing and they made decisions based on favoritism.
- favoritism when it comes to schedule- if you’re not a regular employee (I was an intern), they give you an ugly schedule (based on experience)- they promote managers that doesn’t even have any idea how to operate front desk- low pay
Racist and discriminatory to the african american workers and hispanic workers who work there.They pay off inspectors. So many osha guidlines are broken there everyday from bed bugs to mice in the rooms. They have mice and bedbug infestation. Also a problem with hot water once you get to 5th floor and up to floor 11 higher numbered rooms loose hot water at night. Not a good supply of tools in maintenance department. The workers cafeteria has bugs and is contantly unsanitary .Some real inspectors need to check out this hotel. And not the ones that they pay to turn a blind eye to safety inspections. The employees elevator is a death trap. Acting bipolar on whether it wants to operate properly. Constantly trapping employees inside. I have heard a verified story about a maintenance worker who died because of that elevator
Pros
Free linch. But get tired of the same lunch
Cons
The boss is very racists and doesnt hide it
Working here for over 2 years i have always felt supported at the DoubleTree in Manchester, NH. The managers are very kind and the environment is more like family than work.
Pros
Complimentary Lunches and Dinners, Hilton Hotel Discounts
Cons
low wages and health benefits that are very expensive
All my coworkers were complete trash. Had one who consistently stole items from the guests and only got a slap on the wrist, multiple times. Obvious favoritism. No chance for growth.
Pros
I honestly don't know.
Cons
Too many workers over worked, and yelled at because their performance suffers because of unrealistic expectations of management. Long and absurd hours of willing workers, whose efforts are not appreciated or quickly forgotten, with the only result being eventual mental breakdown, and time off work without pay.
Pros
Once in a while you get free lunch
Cons
Weekends are a must.
Great company to work for , very supportive environment and great leadership. They have a really good training program. Holidays are usually rotated so it's very flexible.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Understaffed
Dreams can not die as a front DESK representative or a GSA (Guest service Assistant) we are Hilton spotlight. Even as a Hilton employees we know that a great work ethic is the best thing anyone can teach you
Pay & benefitsThe pay is not anywhere close to what it should be for the work you're expected to do every day. You can get tips but its not promised. You can go weeks without getting any.
It was a great place to work. It had it's ups and downs but I loved working there. I would recommend working there to anyone. I would just say if youre not equipped to fast past excessive hours, do not apply to work in the restaurant.
Pros
Location, employees are like family
Cons
Bad management/ownership. No advancement and had items stolen from me by colleagues. General manager is a smug little guy who would sell his mother into slavery if given the option.
Worked between restaurants and bars, validated payrolls, order and receive Food & Beverage, greet Guests.Hilton Platforms, Receiving merchandise and uploading billing information, month end,Often to many classes to maintain with 30 team members and my own personal responsibilities.
Pros
Great Team member dining privileges.
they take advantage of you even when you tel them no they are the worst to work for my manager is the laziest person he does nothing save every thing for me to do when I get there
Cons
Would never work for hilton again. I enjoyed working with the guests on vacation and the airline Crews but the management was horrible. They worked me full time hours but refused to give me benefits. Never again!
Pros
Free cookies
Cons
Bad pay
Pay & benefitsVery low pay. They said there would be bonuses to earn but they always said they weren’t offering the incentive.Job security and advancementThey like to fire good people that have been working there a while and replace them with a new person.ManagementPoorly managed and run down. Management unprofessional.OverallThis hotel was outdated and smelled very badly. Customers always complained that the rooms smelled like an old musty, wet smell. AC wasn’t working good and a lot of leaks.
Trabajo en equipo ambiente laboral, trato justo a los empleados
Pros
Tiene buenas prestaciones
Cons
Solo falta que contraten a un Gerente de AyB con más experiencia
Great People , Working with a great group of people from the community . All races all working together as one... Probably some of the best work experience I've ever had
The double tree at the Hilton has the best people ever - at least when I worked there - josh and the other managers really understand how to talk to people and they are always willing to help out with whatever they need to. As a buzzer I was always tipped out extremely well and whenever I did a good job I received high praise. Amazing place to work.
Pros
Free breakfast, great tips, beautiful views, awesome people.
Cons
Annoying parking.
Management is great. Very understanding. Love working there. Hardly ever a dull moment. Staff is respectful. Everyone is so nice. Management has your back as well as the rest of the staff. Location is nice and very clean.
The people and team i was with were so encouraging and wanted to help me, as a new employee in the management staff, it was refreshing! If it wasn't for COVID I would happily working!
Pros
great people and support
Cons
Covid