When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please And book me to dj @djsauce_dc
Parties events free/ discounted food
Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income
I loved working at Double Tree by Hilton I enjoyed making the events special for the customer. I was able to use my own creativity as well and it was a wonderful experience for me. I had excellent management and wonderful employees to work with. Doing the different themes for the clients always made it a new experience,
I got to make customers have a rewarding experience
Once the assistant gm/ accountant was fired for theft (she was innocent, the gm borrowed the money to pay his mortgage & blamed it on her) we stopped receiving any of the service charges for room service deliveries. Of the total bill, the hotel had always kept 4% while the person running the room service received 18% of the total bill (for a total of 22%) now we still have to add the service charge but the hotel keeps the entire amount. I tried to get a meeting with the gm to go over why my paychecks were always short - he told me we never got any of the service charge before I know this is a lie and have proof
a great company. In this work experience I was able to demonstrate all my knowledge about my work. The administrators gave me confidence and were always willing to support me.If I had to go back to work in a hotel I would not hesitate to work again in this company,
Management hides in the office and is pretty useless. Be ready to be called in on a daily basis by management and the kids who want to call out all the time. Many out of the country guests that don’t tip. You will be the only one there most of the time, so you will wait tables inside and out and running room service while you have guests at the bar. No credit card machine when at outside bar so be prepared to run back and forth like an idiot...place is dirty with fruit flies and roaches but no one cares. So not worth the headache.
Always short staffed, poor management, employee are treated poorly. I was told to choose between taking care of my sick child or be fired. They over work employees, no discounts except 30% off food when you work, can not dine here on your days off. Requests off are rarely given. Unless your buddy buddy with the owner or the manger your treated poorly. They make false promises. They are rarely busy so if your a server you make 4$ hr with barely no tips morning or night shift.
I began working at the DoubleTree as a busser and was given an opportunity to advance into several different positions after showing initiative. It can be a great stepping stone into something bigger or even a comfortable place for someone seeking part time employment. The Hilton benefits are also an extra incentive to become an asset for this company.
f&b staff have to work more than 12 hours without overtime payment .and staff benefit is zero, cafeteria food cannot eat. 4 person in one room. the basic salary was waiter start from 950 dirams .nolearning and development programmes for staff. yes Hilton have but managers will do for staff
Terrible place to work as a server. It’s unionized so everyone ahead of you takes all the good shifts. You might get scheduled for 5 shifts in a week but 24hours later you have one and it’s a Sunday night with the hotel almost empty. No team work.
Very poor management went thru 17 managers while I was employed there over 4 years , enjoyed my guests but the employees that did there job and worked were unappreciated and the workplace was more like high school and if you were not buddies with the managers you went nowhere
BARTENDER (Former Employee) – Westchester, CA – 8 March 2019
A typical day at work was very relaxed. The dinner rush was not to hectic for the bar. Really laid back. The patrons that come are normally on business trips. The new manager that was hired was unfortunately not competent in his position. He didn't understand how to make basic cocktails and would micromanage the employees. But when it was time for him to help out he was nowhere to be found.
Was promised a lot in my interview and a lot of it turned out to be lies. They outside hire instead of promoting from within. A lot of immaturity from certain managers makes you question the higher ups. Stay away from here unless you REALLY need a job.
Free shift meal, semi flexible scheduling sometimes
Terrible management, make next to hardly any money