DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 153 reviews matching the search See all 4,207 reviews
Not fun alt all. This place is owns by Koreans.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJ3 March 2019
Is no consideration work place . And too much favoritism. No seniority respect at all. And very low payment. Koreans owns that place. Is not a corporate place.
Pros
Cons
Short brakes
The hotel is going through major changes from an inexperienced company.
Bar tender (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK20 November 2018
Management takes an uncomfortable curiosity to the employees personal lifes by pulling them into an office to talk about it, even when nothing is amiss. Management will also take out their personal life on employees causing a high turn over rate. They play favorites and pick the favorite randomly. There is no communication between upper management, departments, or employees so everyone's training is a bit different causing chaos.
Pros
discount on hotel rooms
Cons
working there.
Don't work here !
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 November 2018
Upper Mgmnt promises FT never gives it ! Hires Incompetent workers to take spots not available and CUTS worker hours Expect to work for $20 or less as Server a night as Bartenders make 100 Times more . Bad Place STAY Away Orlando Airport Hazeltine Dr.
Pros
Non
Cons
management hasent a clue what employees do.
bartender (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CA10 November 2018
bartenders drink on the job, wait staff are rude and only tend to their own tables when guests are in need of things. kitchen staff wont go off menus for VIP guest request.
Definitely not what I was expecting.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 November 2018
After being with this company for a year it has been nothing but broken promises and frustration. Communication is not good, the environment is not happy or uplifting.
Face paced and mentally draining.
Lead Events Bartender (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY1 November 2018
Although this job has had its ups and downs I appreciate all of the skills i have acquired and also the amount of amazing people I was able to connect with.
Great place to work!
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX19 October 2018
Working at the Doubletree was a great,rewarding experience. The employee and the employer are all fantastic people and make you feel like you are family.
Pros
The people
Cons
There are no cons!
Was not paid
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Yatton, Somerset24 September 2018
I did a 4 hour work trial which I was advised I would be paid for whether I was sucessful in the job or not. I was sucessful but got a job offer elsewhere and they have refused to pay me
Pros
Cons
Don’t get paid
DoubleTree by Hilton is an amazing place to work
Restaurant Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI12 September 2018
I have been employed at DT by Hiilton downtown for nine months now. I absolutely love the managers and staff. They have great benefits and incentives. The hotel manager really appreciates his staff. Great place to work!
A job to work at
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA3 September 2018
My work experience there was horrible, It was cut throat management. There was no leadership and development in training and in management. All they were doing is hiring bodies for the position.
Pros
Meet Celebrities that stayed at the hotel
Cons
Poor management and leadership
event bartender
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR10 August 2018
I enjoy working special events and the guests that participate. It is a great amount of set up and clean up, but very enjoyable during events. sales and service always enjoyable
Pros
money
Cons
lifting
Fast passed, fun, cultured
Ventura St. - Waitress/Barista/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA20 June 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Double Tree. Especially my managers and employees. They crossed trained me in several areas of the hotel and I got to meet lots of different people. Never a dual minute.
Pros
Great work environment, lots of different people and events. Cross trained room to move up.
Cons
Had to tip out a lot. worked a lot of holidays
very high paced place to work during the summer
Lead Waitress/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX19 June 2018
A typical day at work would include setting up the bar, cutting fruit, making sure the bar and pool bar are stocked, and all opening duties. Taking alcohol, liquor and food orders from customers at the pool bar and the main bar.
Pros
half priced lunches, good money
Cons
slow winters
solid
Lead Bartender and New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MA12 June 2018
good place to find and work the schedule is flexible and the management is accomodating to whatever needs the staff might have. high standards for guest satisfaction
Fast paced at times but constistently understaffed and therefore spread thin very often.
Server, Bartender, Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA8 June 2018
Doubletree was very good at working with school and family scheduling issues and co-workers were fun to work with for the most part. Management seemed absent most of the time and there were days where managers were required but were never scheduled like Sundays and Mondays. Typically one can expect to work multiple roles in any given day or night and sometimes that can be stressful when customers view slow service as a problem with you when in reality it is the management trying to save on labor.
Pros
free meals
Cons
absent management and a negligently short staff evening crew.
Great
Mesera/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR31 May 2018
Some days were busy and some they were not. My co-workers made my days pleasant. It had a really flexible shift. It gave me a lot of tools for my futures careers.
fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC23 May 2018
fun place to work, great customers from all over. we had huge discounts on other Hilton properties on available dates. uniforms provided and discounts on employee meals.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours, not fully staffed
Sport Bar
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL20 May 2018
Good place to work, good people, the restaurant was always busy and hectic. Can make 100 + a day. Workers care about one another. They recognizes good workers.
Not Bad
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA30 April 2018
Working here wasn't bad. The money and benefits were good. The management were not bad, but they seemed to go through managers like candy. I think in my 2 years of being there, there were 7 managers.
fast paced, fun workplace
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL12 April 2018
It is a very routine workplace, same steps each day. It is hard to learn more, there are not very many opportunities for advancement. Communication is not a strong suit between departments.
Pros
free lunches

51.5K