DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

Cool place at times
When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please
And book me to dj

@djsauce_dc
Pros
Parties events free/ discounted food
Cons
Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income
Very poor management
Not only did I work in two different areas of this restaurant I had probably 4 or 5 different managers that I had to report to. They openly advocated under age persons working in the bar area.
good place to work good managers to work for, worked hard and was responsible for more then one area of the hotel. Listen to ideas but never follow thru or follow up
Pros
money
Cons
no advancement
Experience at the Double Tree North
I have worked at this hotel for almost 20 years fro when it was the Sheraton Hotel.
I enjoy working for the new managing company, they have helped to make the Double Tree stronger.

I enjoy being a bartender and meeting with so many different cultures of life. It makes my job that much more interesting.
Pros
some many benefits
Cons
currently not enough hours
Very nice place to work with many benefits.
I loved working at the doubletree hilton, but felt some of the supervisors and managers were very underqualified to be in the position they are and I found that some had never worked in hospitality before which was a big shock and made me realise that they didn't understand what it is like to work on a busy and understaffed hotel's, restaurant floor (which we were) which was the reason for my leaving. I had known the previous general manager of the restaurant very well and he had resigned for the same reason 2 months before me. A new general manager of the restaurant was not hired within those 2 months which led to the downfall of the management team. This is when I felt unappreciated and really let down especially of the fact of how much work we were doing because of very little staff.
Pros
Staff canteen, team member hilton honours, good online free training courses with hilton university.
Cons
Underappreciated, monthly meetings not done monthly, very understaffed.
Drink Up
its more than a bar it is a social hall lol. When you stay at the double tree just know the bar will take care of you. Drink as much as we allow and go get a great nights rest.
Fun place to work
Doubletree is a great place to work and, you also can learn so many things from each other and also grow with the company. Everyone there is really friendly and they will make you feel like home.
Pros
travel benefit and also free breakfast and lunch and dinner
Cons
hours that you want for to change positions of job
Lack of management.
They offer a good benefits but however because of the lack of management I wasn’t treated fairly and had to work hard as a slave.
The Manager was sexist Pig.

And the coworker girls(few)were awful and not nice at all.

I sometimes didn’t feel comfortable working here because of the clientele they were racist and even you tried to talk to the management they gave more priorities to the guest not to the employee.
Pros
Discount on staying
Cons
Short break
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DoubleTree by Hilton?
Productive and fun with several activities for families.
Very friendly work environment. The guests were always nice the managers are lovely and the benefits were great as well. I would highly recommend that workplace.
understaffed
they don't want to hire anyone so you end up doing 4 peoples jobs at once on the lowest pay rate possible. turn over rate is very high due to previous statement..
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
management and hr is rude and penny pinchers
Great people, great place
You see all walks of life come in the hotel. You'll need patience and kindness as it's a customer service based environment. Management is there for you when you need them, they're flexible with time off requests as long as it's done a few weeks ahead of your requested time off.
Horrible slave work but money is guareented and awesome
They don't respect the hard work their employees put into the hotel. They are usually cussed at, given strikes or flat out tired. Even if the employees were not as satisfying as they usually did to being overworked. Although the pay is great it's very intimidating. The manager was constantly finding reasons to fire anybody.
Pros
staff was nice, high pay, customers
Cons
management is terrible, unorganized
Love working here..
I worked at the doubletree hotel for almost 8 years. I enjoyed working there. I learned that it was a great place to work for. I also only had to work morning. I loved the management. Everyone I worked with worked together as a team. The hardest part of the was making up really early.
Pros
Half off food, and great benefits
Cons
I wouldn't give any Cons
It is good expiriance
I love my profession,and it is my passion.and I love hospitality.where ever we are working it should be comfortable,if not we feel bad in our job.
Work hard with a smile
Pros
Food and accomodation
Cons
12 hrs
productive and fun workplace
Was a great team environment to work at everybody helped one another and the health benefits and hotel benefits were really good i would definitely work at a place like this again
Poor managements never was around during Happy Hour or other events. Fun workplace, was able to build clientele at the court house and Columbia Tower. Great guest at the hotel. I like it cause you start out really medium paste then Happy Hour and after fine dining for the restaurant.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Hilton was a great company to work for management just needed to reinforce direction for the employees.
Double Tree was a older hotel in the way management were stuck in there ways. I was a little over worked since I worked in almost every aspect of the food and beverage department.
Poor
Interviewed for 12-hour position whilst I was at uni and all of my shifts were a minimum of 20 hours per week. The bar space is minuscule and not enough training for newbies when they are expecting newbies to be perfect at it
Pros
Discount on Food
Cons
Poor Management, Small Bar Space and Excessive Hours
Good team, very poor management
Many illegal working conditions. The team is supportive but management style leaves a lot to be desired. No training, little support, short-notice rotas and worker safety is just not a concern. Many of the shifts offered come without a break.
Pros
Free Lunches, good benefits.
Cons
No outside life, staff are not valued, very poor management.
nice place to work
nice management ,hard to get along with colleagues .
great experience , not too bad salary , needed something full time ,but i would recommend it ....
Multiethnic ambience
All day serving, from breakfast to late night dj and special events. Classic and fancy cocktails, coffee corner, international wines and beers. Restaurant and snacks.
I was in charge of the main ticket-station, preparing cocktails and drinks for the tables or at the bar, petty cash management.

High volume bar with a lot of co-worker, I was always able to keep focus on the guest and my duties and helped out when needed.
1.5K