DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

Cool place at times
When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please
And book me to dj

@djsauce_dc
Pros
Parties events free/ discounted food
Cons
Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income
easy going with a lack of management
fellow employees were nice. the management was extremely not together. GM thought he knew every aspect of the hotel and outlet when infact he did not.
Fun place.
This hotel always has something going on. Even during slow season they stay quite busy. Being right on I drive and behind seaworld, makes ut a good spot for hospitality emp.
Pros
Pool bar
Cons
Comute
Wild Sage Restaurant Server- Satisfactory
Overall a fun place to work. You meet a ton of awesome people, with Good pay and great benefits. You learn to work with many cultural background and to effectively communicate . Restaurant management could use some more training to create an efficient and supportive team environment. Hardest part of the job is being pulled in a million directions, as this position requires you to run room service and food to Escape Manor, while serving tables in the restaurant. Management having too high of expectations. Most enjoyable part is the cultural melting pot work environment among employees.
Pros
Cheap on-job meals, 50% off food, Union based
Cons
Starting low seniority, Union based
Hotel experience
I've learned a lot working here, has been a great experience working around so many great people , love helping others and customer service is one of my specialties.
Pros
Working around all cultures
Cons
The lifting of heavy items
Good place to work at to learn "fine dining" service
Doubletree by Hilton in Dearborn/Detroit is a great place to work at if you need fine dining experience. You are able to make great money but you really to work hard for it. The management is the only thing that needs major work, major issue would be miscommunication.
Good Job with Good Benefits
Hilton has a wide variety of good benefits to include team member room rates. Medical/401K benefits are good. First year includes 23 days of paid time off.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Live Bands can sometimes be too loud. Hard to hear customers
Fun place to work
It's perfect for extra money, great hotel benefits for travel, very flexible schedule, good company to work for. Room for growth, most management is awesome.
Pros
Flexibility
negative work place
very negative work place, its really hard to progress and teams are not looked after properly. The training is awful you have to do it at work but you are not allocated time the owner will fire you for eating on site,
Pros
looks good on cv
Cons
the whole experience
Good Job.
Nice, friendly customers with lots of banquets, parties or weddings going on. Can be slow at times but when it's busy, its busy. Recommend this place highly.
Good company overall. With tons of management issues
Management not professional, gossipy, more concerned with themselves than the establishment. Would be a good company if it weren't for the gossip and outside chatter between employees and employer.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
The reason why I stay here for a while is most of my co workers are considered as my part of my family.
This property is probably the jewel of Berkeley as it was located to the marina where the spectacular view of the San Francisco Bay can be seen through the bar.
Pros
Fun to work and always meet nice guest
Cons
Management don't know what they're doing about their employees
Great benefits
Serving at a hotel is different than serving at any other restaurant. It requires more customer service and guest satisfaction than any other job I've had.
Ofrece estabilidad laboral y buen ambiente laboral
Buen lugar para trabajar , para jóvenes que quieren comenzar en hostelería, buen ambiente laboral!!
Pros
Todos los beneficios de ley, capacitaciones!!
bartending/service/ roomservice
It was a fun and good atmosphere to work in. I had a great deal of autonomy in this position which was of great benefit to me. It was certainly one of the most enjoyable jobs I have has serving people.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
What can you say about Miami Sunnny and Beautiful.
Worked the Miami boat show every year for Double Tree. Great management vey helpful i was a part time employee treated as if i was with company full-time in a Beautiful Tropical setting. Worked events such as Miami boat show and other corporate events.
Pros
free lunch beautiful weather
Cons
Fun work place with incredible guests!
I truly enjoyed working at the double tree. The pay was great, the staff was efficient and the guests were so kind! I learned so many new drinks there as I met people traveling from all parts of the world.
Management didn't seem to care much what I did. No one really oversaw me the whole time, lucky for them, I take pride in my work and I'm an honest hardworking woman. The worst part of my job was getting off so late and not always having the tools to do my job. It can be challenging at times when you don't have a manager that cares enough to provide you with the supplies you need so you can provide excellent customer service. I'm pretty good at compromising but sometimes it's just not enough to please people and ultimately, my goal is to please everyone. not 99 percent of them. It makes me feel great to see someone enjoy their experience with me and that makes me happy.
Pros
Great pay, great customers
Cons
Absence of Management, lack of supplies
Monday-Friday Day time .
i work hard , i learn fast , communicative, easily interacts with customers,punctual,fair ,I want to learn as much as possible and achieve more..
Pros
good service
Cons
late nights
Beautiful large-scale event center
On-call banquet work usually pays well and is random enough that it doesn't burn you out. I enjoyed my part-time employment at the Doubletree during my college years.
Always changing and exciting
It was overall a great place to work. It was always changing and entertaining. Being a hotel restaurant we had new people in everyday.
Management was great. Never had any issues.

I truely enjoyed all the people. The night time and late hours was the hardest part since I have three young children.
Productive though time consuming great place to kick off a career in hospitality.
Options to learn and work in multiple positions, great staff with lots of energy. Management at times seems to be distant but overall a great place to get started in hospitality.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Compensation is low
1.5K