DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for F&B Manager

The owners of my hotel sucked and put unqualified people in charge. The management team at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale sucked. Many employees had to call Hilton corporate on our management team and Hilton was always helpful, fair and responsive. The Hilton brand is worth giving a try.
Pros
Travel benefits, pay
Cons
High insurance cost
Over 30k in tips stolen from staff since the majestic hotel was taken over by hilton. Understaffed and over worked. No training, abusive head chefs yells at all of us all the time, so does the breakfast manager and the c&b manager. No one cares about us!!! Can't log into anything ever, no one fixes our logins, have to remind managers of days off all the time. Nice people dont last here. no one tells us whats going on, full of agency staff cause no one will work here, staff food is gross but always runs out, chef throws out leftovers and wont let us eat them
Pros
No tips, Not Training, Constatn abuse, overworking
Cons
Hilton staff rates (if we ever get holiday to use it!!)
I loved working for Double tree hotel at Westport. My General Manager was great person to work for. Everyone was very friendly to work with I would go back if I have chance.
I recommend to work here. It´s a great place. I have learned a lot here. Management is very helpful and polite. Coworkers also. They teach what you don´t know and always willing to help
Don’t let the GM trick you into thinking that this double tree Hilton Southampton is good, because guess what. ITS NOT. The staff turnover is horrific because of how you are treated, you are just a number and the GM will not value you at all, he will use you until you are exhausted. He makes out everything’s so great but hadn’t actually seen anything’s get replaced? Don’t be deceived by the job description! All you read is a lie! Only apply if you wanted to be treated poorly. Horrendous hotel with horrendous management at all costs for your mental and physical well being, DONT WORK HERE! GM only cares about himself and actually takes money of you descretly so you will be working and not be getting paid properly!
Cons
Poor management, hours cut "by mistake", very smart into pay (for them) but no one knows how the payroll works so will always have questions about your payslip, not enough budget for anything never, no security, no uniform. Great if you like big challenges and want to advance in career, sometimes you get support.
Pros
Free food, great benefits and discounts
Cons
Payroll and gm
The gm thinks he is a little hitler , no training to the staff and expects them to know what they are doing , most don’t speak a word of English , it’s run like a joke
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hour
The company was good and the benefit is great. Just the matter that penang people mentality need to change to be more open minded and take ownership on their job.
Pros
comfortable staff canteen and place to relax
Cons
a lot of defect due to old building
Workplace culture is very friendly in hilton the management is very supportive and focus to the employees and great team work it is the best place to grow individually.
Managing staff of at least 40 employees in multifunction aspects of restaurants and banquets business. A total of 20 years of experience in food and beverage industry Outstanding record in recruiting, training and motivating employees Strong Knowledge of the front and back of the restaurant Financial and cash management control. Planning, scheduling, observing and rewarding highly performed staff. Assuring equipment’s performance on daily bases. Updating and improving menu as needed. Increasing profit by planning advertisements and controlling payroll. Responsibility of inventory and purchasing restaurants supplies. Hands on experience with all the restaurant business from cooking to managements. Restaurant management software experience. E.g. Micros. Planning banquets of up to 500 guests.
I loved my position at The Double Tree by Hilton. I have held numerous jobs with Hilton and find that hotel chain to be rewarding. My staff and co workers, as well as events held made coming to work fun and challenging. I loved that fact of events being busy, challenging and fun.
great brand wonderful location great insurance a place where you can move up . love the open door policy everyone have a voice from day one good work life balance
Pros
world wide company to work for
Cons
not good if not keep up
The environment and the team is awesome appraisals and appreciations will be on the top if we do the job spot less And all the managers or HOD's are amazing willing to help us anytime and so advice able to improve our career.
Pros
appreciation programs
Cons
not applicable
Lay back place to be working, the employees understand the role fo being a team players, managers are very helpful no matter what circumstances. the workplace culture is wonderful.
Pros
Breakroom for employees
Cons
No free lunch for employee
I was working for Carnaby restaurant. The staff members and the management was changing too often therefore the team wasn't well organized at all. The salary was very bad and poor tips
Loved the time i spent here, the hotel was a great experience working with guests. especially being an airport property. great staff, everyone there was like family.
I really enjoyed my experience working at the Doubletree, my work friends have become friends for life and the working environment provided is amazing.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Guest Satisfaction- All day. Meetings to Banquets for lunch and dinner a full service restaurant-breakfast ,lunch,dinner.Full Bar. over. We are managed by a third party management company. Very busy Hotel and a great staff. We are in the people business 24-7, so there are a lot of moving parts. Every day brings a new experience in this business.
Pros
Team Travel, when and if can get a day off ?
Cons
Bonuses-Insurance ?
Great environment and management team. F& B Director very helpful and knowledgeable. Great training available as well Doubletree by Hiilton also provided advancement opportunities
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
I love working with my staffs. However, the upper management lacks of leadership and communication.Very hard to balance your work life and personal life.
Ive truly loved working here, Freedom was very present , so you go to work with a smile . The Management knows all the 300 staff members what is not common. The hardest part was to satisfy the guest which is very enjoyable at the same time!