DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for F&B Manager

The owners of my hotel sucked and put unqualified people in charge. The management team at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale sucked. Many employees had to call Hilton corporate on our management team and Hilton was always helpful, fair and responsive. The Hilton brand is worth giving a try.
Pros
Travel benefits, pay
Cons
High insurance cost
Although the Hilton exceeds at revenue management and sets the industry standard, the Dunblane Hydro has an occurring problem with staff management(i.e poor recruitment, training, retaining etc)There are opportunities for career advancement ,though personal health might be sacrificed in the process. Fellow co-workers are somewhat capable at their respected jobs but little support or training is given, though highs standards of service provision are expected. All in all, the place is good to learn how to work under Xtreme stress and hardships...you learn how to handle difficult situations and people with ease after working there for about 6 months or more
Pros
Pleanty of hours to go around for everyone
Cons
Badly managed and run by teenagers
Busy preparing different menu depending on the promotions. Learn how to be a good leader and to create bound with other staff. The hardest is when receive a complaint about the food. The management was okay and the most enjoyable part is i earned so much respect and i think i'm a good leader.
Pros
Lunch Provided
Cons
Healthcare
Enjoyed dealing with different guest daily from the East to West Coast . Also enjoyed my regular guests daily . I was empowered in my position to satisfy all guest in any way possible - our slogan was "never say no " - I enjoy meeting new people , I am very outgoing and personable . I am a hard worker and enjoy what I do . And always willing to go the extra mile and learn different departments / activities if need be .
Pros
Discounts on multiple hotel listings in the country
Employment at this company allowed me to meet and serve guests from many different backgrounds and with personal expectations. Every day offered a challenge I was always willing to accept positively. The Hilton offered ongoing support and training when needed. I was lucky enough to work with a great staff, all of us working towards the same achievable goals. The hardest part of the job was leaving a great team. Most enjoyable was going to work everyday, not feeling like it was "work", more like fulfilling my passion for the hospitality industry.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
There really are some great people to work with here, but some things were just silly, for example the strictness of not coming in customer entrances, having your tie and shirt just right, about a million training exercises on the computer and having to ask to go in as a customer to the bar or restaurant does not make you feel like a valued employee!
Pros
free food! great people!
Cons
too strict and serious