DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Food and Beverage Manager47 reviews
Had a great experience learning the finer points of Hospitality at the Double Tree Hotel! The DTH by Hilton is great. Just be sure to know what your intentions are within the company and you can grow fast! With in the work environment you can find passionate career driven mentors who genuinely care about what they do or burned out overseers that clock in for the paycheck. Avoid the latter & Aline yourself with the first and it make a world of difference! P.s the cookies are awesome 🍪
They are over worked under paid cooks make 9.00 housekeeping 7.25 dishwashers 7.25 corporate are slave drivers the biggest one is in hr. Do not waste your time
The DoubleTree brand is far removed from Hilton these days. The cut backs in what they offer the guests is detremental to the work you are trying to do to impress them. Bad management can make your life very hard. Get yourself in a well staffed team and you will be performing to your highest but when you are understaffed things become truly though. For the work they do supervisors are not paid nearly enough. Say goodbye to your social life as you are expected to work 50+ hours a week, sometimes you will work for 10 days in a row with one day off before you work another 5 days.
Pros
Free lunch, Go Hilton Membership, Instant Hilton Honours Silver Membership, Free Gym Access
Cons
Long Hours, Low Rate of Pay, Few Days Off
Met a lot of great people but once your in and see how upper management treats others it’s not a great place to work. Very stressful have to tip toe Around managements mood. Lots of favoritism too
Pros
Hotel discount when you stay at Hilton
Cons
Poor management
- Head of Department
- Training the team

- Follow up with HR procedures

- Monthly team meetings

- Decision making

- Duty manager when required

- Dealing with guest complaints and queries.

- Making sure guests are having a pleasant stay
Pros
new learning
Cons
salary
The place puts all its eggs into the booking basket. The large functions are run well but the food itself is lacking and they don't seem to care. They are putting lipstick on a pig. Lots of frozen fair.
I loved working at the double tree hotel I enjoyed working management was great until 6 month before I left everything went down management was horrible
Cons
Very good company to work for. Excellent paid time off, and discounts on hotel stays are a perk. Management team is a plus.
Staff is great to work with and always a team environment.

Beautifully renovated recently.
I have been working with this hotel for over a year and have consistently been impressed with their professionalism and hard work. I would happily recommend this organization to anyone looking for supplemental or part time work, with paths to full time and management growth
Pros
free parking, free lunch
A typical day at work is to great your customers with a smile and say HELLO and HOW IS YOUR DAY GOING. It's a fun place to work when the management is in a good mood.
Pros
Great perks, Great Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Really great Co workers and guests were amazing. Great place to start in hospitality and guest services. Teaches you how to deal with the public and people of all backgrounds. Also, trains you to be alert and quick with decision making.
Pros
Provided lunch and dinner.
Cons
Could use better management that cared for employees.
Liked a good hotel corp. They make you feel welcome every time you come to work. great staff and amazing upper management. Like any other Hilton property.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Helthcare
Fun place to work. I learned from everybody. Different employee cultures. You need to get to know every of your employees in order to succeed as a supervisor.
Great place to work as a hourly team member. Turn over rate was extremely low, 60% of employees have been there over 9 years. Room for advancement and endless classes to grow within position, advancement, or a lateral move. Management was supportive and all employees were happy to be there, you had a sense of family where everyone cared. Team work was a big part of the culture, and everyone helped out without being asked. HR was big on appreciation, whether it be birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or kicking off a BBQ to the summer season, they showed they cared, and they did it with love.

Managers were over worked and under paid. The expectations were a little far fetched. Expected to work 45-50 hours, yet there was endless improvements, projects and unnecessary paper work trickled down from upper managements "to do list" that kept middle management there over 60 hours a week. An "average" day was about 12 hours, many managers worked 6 days a week, or on days off just to complete their work. Managers worked with integrity to get the job done, but you can see the stress in there eyes, but they always kept a smile and remained positive. Short staffed and had to work many doubles or fill in for an hourly employee.
Pros
free parking, free lunch/dinner, discounts, great health benefits
Cons
upper management lacked structure, lacked communication, long work hours
Its ok working here. The building is very old which makes it difficult on the staff when a guest experiences maintenance issues which is often. Maintenance works hard but are not allowed enough staff to properly maintain the rooms.
it's a very good place to work , good standard with team work at it's best, the training is on going and everyone has an input in what happen , the employee program is wonderful for team Members and family , . I enjoy the company style and opportunity for growth.
Pros
world wide company good benefit
Cons
If in the wrong hands or poorly manage it's the opposite of what's it's ment to be
I really liked working here at first. My F&B director was let go 3 months after I started and they gave position to me for 10,000 less a year. I didn't have the staff to run the place like it should have been.
I spent 7 years at doubletree and I got stuck in a position where I couldn't advance anymore. The management positions lay dormat and had to leave to advance my career
Pros
free meals
Cons
lack of growth
This Hotel does not represent a Hilton Hotel accurately. Its is poorly kept without the signature guest service the Company is known for. It also has very little room for advancement within this property since the operation is run unrealistically lean.
Still learning company. Much slower pace. Beautiful place and nice benfits. Friendly, staff, less responsiblity and less stress however still has a few challanges in department development.
Loved my hotel and loved getting to interact with al of the guests that I go to interact with. With my experience, I got to assist in other departments -- Front Office, Banquets, Convention Services, Housekeeping, and my home department of Food & Beverage.
1.6K