DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from DoubleTree by Hilton:

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Food and Beverage Manager

Food and Beverage Manager47 reviews
Had a great experience learning the finer points of Hospitality at the Double Tree Hotel! The DTH by Hilton is great. Just be sure to know what your intentions are within the company and you can grow fast! With in the work environment you can find passionate career driven mentors who genuinely care about what they do or burned out overseers that clock in for the paycheck. Avoid the latter & Aline yourself with the first and it make a world of difference! P.s the cookies are awesome 🍪
The pay was below what I was expecting but the hotel did grow on me and after a few weeks I did feel like this was my second family
I worked here 4/1/2 years as the F&B Manager. We went through 4 GM's in my final two years there. I had to forfeit my vacation time two consecutive years because of lack of coverage for my position. Though they have holiday pays, I was required to work six or seven days during the week a holiday fell on without any extra compensation. During one stretch I was forced to work 46 days straight with out a day off, then when I called off (the only time during my employment there) I was forced to use a vacation day.Then one day out the blue, I was called to the manager's office, he explained what a wonderful and dedicated person I was and how it was such a pleasure working with me, but they no longer need my services. They let every manger and department head go with in a two month's period. Though I enjoyed my time there, they will take complete advantage of you and despite great reviews, excellent sales/profit margins and outstanding customer satisfaction, they will terminate you to save payroll, enabling the GM to get his year end bonus.
Pros
The Guest are the most awesome in the business!, Great training and support at the corporate level.
Cons
No loyalty, Short term profit minded, Priorities are profit before guest satisfaction or customer and employee loyalty.
I would stay with the company if they had properties in Indiana
Interdependence
We are all in this together . Interdependence acknowledges a mutual dependency in the work situation , to achieve what needs to done , we have to rely on each other , yes you are management and they employees but you need each other to succeed.
Pros
lunchs are free
Cons
no breaks, works through
Fun job but no communication which is a bit frustrating
Co- workers are really nice

Work days can be long sometimes
Pros
empolyee cafeteria
Cons
not enough effective communication
All in all good company to work for. The Hilton Managed properties are better to work for than the franchised ones. Better benefits come with the previous, whereas the later is iffy on it's benefits due to outsourcing.
Management is going thru direction changes and a lot of positions are being deleted and combined within the title of others.

Great cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!