DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

The good thing about working at the Doubletree are the cookies and getting to know the your staff and all the different personalities. The bad thing about working for the Doubletree is that it puts wear and tear on you mentally and physically whether it’s a customer or coworker. You try to make the best out of each day but on some days it can be very leary at times.
Pros
Because we had a restaurant on site the pros were that we were able to have breakfast and dinner
Cons
Being on your feet the entire shift without a a break. You have to eat, drink, go the restroom in between customers
The place taught me so many things and everyone treated me like a family. I love this company, my experience with everyone was epic and I will never forget everyone's kindness.
Management treats employees like kids Regional manager does not care o raises no bonuses insurance pays hardly nothing no advancement NO STRUCTURE PERIOD... Corporate has no idea of how the hotel is being ran and how the employees are being treated because the regional manager NEVER reports anything... and he is ve
Pros
There are no pros norhing good about
Cons
Poor management
Management makes their own rules. Kichen is unsanitary. The make it right rule.. Will never apply. They will find a loop hole. I will never work for this company again.
Amazing staff through and through. If it wasn't for the commute, im sure i would still be there. You cant find a better front office manager anywhere else
On the other hand they have their really low, lows and some high seasons. So you really have to love working in the hospitality industry and be willing to adjust to constant change and growth.
This is a great company to work for and I am glad I got the experience to work in hospitality I would recommend to anyone to have Hospitality experience.
I loved what I did coming from a different hotel expecting the same culture to be intact since it's the same company but different location. But I was wrong!
Pros
Accommodating work schedule
Cons
No team work, lack of communication, management one way
Working here made me question weather or not I was a good manager but when it comes down to it, the Management company was the reason. Still Team Hilton!
Very professional people, great hours and pay, fun place to work and interact with people from in and out the city. Very flexible hours, always very respectable guests
I've worked at the double tree by Hilton for a little over a year now. I have yet to see any signs of moving up in the company or a raise. I wouldn't recommend working here if you are looking to actually move up in a company.
They let it be known that they are a franchise. They only look out for their own. Guests are great and its a great location due to the claremont colleges
Pros
Cons
Favoritism
I really learned a lot working at the Double Tree,I have met some awesome co workers and had the pleasure of meeting different guess and having a good report with the regulars .i have gon through some managers that were great and great teachers .so that's another why I want to stay in the Hilton Family .
Pros
We get discounted rooms
Cons
That we dont have set schedules
Great place to work and meet people from all over. Love the location. Divers place. Friendly. Willing to work with your schedule. Keeps you on your toes.
Poor management. Owners were very cheap. Typical hotel couldn’t keep staffing in most departments. Hotel had a lot of issues due to remodeling too fast.
Pros
$2 lunch
Hotel jobs in general suck.. It’s a constant trying to please people who are looking for a freebie. For the minimum wage pay and no benefits it isn’t worth it in the long run. I came in NOT needing to be trained at all and still make minimum and travel to work, no benefits or a raise( six months in with five years hotel front desk experience) My FD manager is great but there’s to many mangers at this place and they all argue. Typical of a male dominated workplace but very uncomfortable at time. Overall it’s the people that make it worth staying like regular guest and co workers but management can step it up and pay. There’s really nothing anyone can do about the horrible people that come in. One major thing to note is IF YOU HAVE MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES such as depression or anxiety this is maybe not the place for you. I have depression and sometimes the Guest have really get to me. Especially when your a rule follower and not a people pleaser.
Pros
Hotel stay discounts
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
You must have amazing customer service skills when working the front desk at a hotel. Multitasking is also a great trait to have. Also calling out of work isn't like other jobs. When you call out in a hotel it hurts the team. So showing up for your shift is a must.
I love the audit so I mainly check guest in and answer phones with any guest questions or request I also have to balance all previous shifts as well and set up for the morning shift
Pros
guest and co workers
Cons
salary
The 4 nights on, 4 nights off were rarely that. It was usually 5 on, 3 off depending on the availability of the only one other night audit. Only paid $12.00 per hour to perform security, set up breakfast, clean and answer phone calls and guest need by yourself for 10-12 hours.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Hours and lack of pay and unhelpful management
From the manager who interviewed me from the people I worked with was a very great experience. We Had fun at work and always looking forward working at Double Tree by Hilton.
Pros
Free breakfast
The one in va beach pays you very little $9.50-10.00 as a front desk and $11 as front desk sup. For the off season the FOM and AGM will work your 8hr shift since arrivals are low. The AGM likes to micromanage the FOM even though the FOM is AMAZING!!!. You only make it by if they like you though. It's fine if you're looking for part time or just for the Hilton discount but don't plan on making life long memories or growing with the company. It's not a bad place to work at to be honest, the front desk staff are nice and the atmosphere isn't all that bad. Overall : The pay isn't the greatest The hilton discount is amazing The FOM is amazing The AGM is alright (control freak) but as a person he's awesome The peak season is great, you'll get tons of hours The slow season sucks because the Managers will work your shift -_-
Pros
discount
Cons
slow season less hours