DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

The good thing about working at the Doubletree are the cookies and getting to know the your staff and all the different personalities. The bad thing about working for the Doubletree is that it puts wear and tear on you mentally and physically whether it’s a customer or coworker. You try to make the best out of each day but on some days it can be very leary at times.
Pros
Because we had a restaurant on site the pros were that we were able to have breakfast and dinner
Cons
Being on your feet the entire shift without a a break. You have to eat, drink, go the restroom in between customers
Very professional staff; dedicated to achieving customer satisfaction. Team based group. Clean an updated facilities. Can"t forget about the e delicious chocolate chip cookies that made everyone's day
Very nice hotel great people just need the managers need alittle more training but besides that they work place was very fresh and fun. Salary was ok.
Pros
Resturant
From the first day I started I was welcome with a worm greeting, it still go's on every day that I come into work everyone is still as my first day and that was over ayear ago
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Healthcare
Working at the doubletree was either very high-paced or very low-paced as most large hotels are. It would go from zero to one hundred which helped me hone down my crisis management skills.
Pros
discounted hotel rooms
Cons
chaotic situations
great hotel deals you can stay almost anywhere for a deal but job is too stressful for what you're getting paid. and with whiny diamond members mad that they don get free parking is not worth it in my mind
I learned customer service and empowerment skills when interacting with customers and how to problem solve any issues that may occur. Management was helpful.
At my personal hotel, the managers are great but the general manager does not pay her employees a livable wage. Most people need to find a second job just so they can pay their bills. In some breath, the jobs are pretty laid back. High stress just comes from guests that may be demanding & other people/guests trying to sneak in pool parties. The health benefits are only for full time employees and can be a bit pricey if you have a pre-existing condition. You do get hotel discounts if you are full or part-time. This is owned by a third party called Graves Hospitality but still under the Hilton franchise.
Pros
discounted hotel rooms for stays at other Hilton brand hotels
Cons
No room for growth
Co-workers and managers are very friendly. You're able to get first hand customer service skill from dealing with issues that customers experienced during their stay.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly environment.
Cons
Pay is not that great for dealing toxic people.
Doubletree in general is a nice place to work. Aside from the busy and long days, things are pretty good. I've been here for 2 years and i have to say i have enjoyed myself.
Management is petty and snide. They are all smiles but it's only a distraction. People of color are only hired into roles of servitude so doubletree and Hilton can look like they support AA. If your background is not European, keep looking. 1950's good ol boys club.
Pros
You will think they care.
Cons
You thought they cared.
I've just started working there so I do not have a very valid review on this location. All I know is that I enjoy going to work and learning the difference from Full Service to Focus Service hotels
Enjoyed working with the public and evening staff. Double Tree offers a variety of benefits and bonuses. This showed me how much they are invested with their employees. Great team and management. Good Unity. Learned about time management and team building techniques. Also quick problem solving. Hardest part would be that lack of equipment and tools as we need it. I recommend that they buy certain things in bulk, i.e. batteries, flush-o meter
I worked at the hotel as a first job and moved around multiple departments over five years. If you love working with customers every day this is the job for you. Not enough pay for some of the stuff that was required but not a terrible corp to work for.
Great job and great people to work with. They treat the staff as family and we all leaned on each other for support during our time of need! great team ! Love the tree
Great managers! Works with your schedule. Free food! Check-in/out the guest of the hotel. • File, copy and scan any tax exemption, distress passenger, or airline paperwork. • Receive and disperse incoming calls on multiple phone lines. • Operate security radio base station to dispatch requests. • Identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. • Document calls in record log for management review.
The company just launched back in February. The transition was difficult, but making sure everyone else was on the same page with new systems is still needing much work. Everyone is easy to work with, and empowerment to the employee is common across the property. Communication from department to department is easy, but a little strenuous when it comes to emergency response time. Working in the Customer Care department, you learn how to truly make someone happy, whether it be by passing a small gesture, or by going the extra mile. That is what true empowerment was about
Pros
Easy to work with people
Cons
Low compensation based on department and hotel type
an amazing place to work if you like to constantly meet new people and their culture. management were very friendly and helpful with not only with their employees but with the guest.
It was amazing starting out, new hotel, and good people. Then the overseeing bigheads decided to take away our hours. Then people started quitting. It is just not guaranteed.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours
The environment is very negative. Top management encourages an atmosphere of competition instead of teamwork. Several questionable ethics issues. The culture is less than desirable.
Pros
monthly employee luncheon
Cons
poor management in all areas
I loved this company it was my first job and after working at the 800 center i was able to transfer to a property and learn so much. From Phoenix to San Diego and back to a property in Scottsdale. It was a growing and learning experience.