DoubleTree by Hilton
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

The good thing about working at the Doubletree are the cookies and getting to know the your staff and all the different personalities. The bad thing about working for the Doubletree is that it puts wear and tear on you mentally and physically whether it’s a customer or coworker. You try to make the best out of each day but on some days it can be very leary at times.
Pros
Because we had a restaurant on site the pros were that we were able to have breakfast and dinner
Cons
Being on your feet the entire shift without a a break. You have to eat, drink, go the restroom in between customers
i enjoyed going to work everyday just for the other coworkers!! Fast pace but easily handled. Good food and great managers! Competitive sales opportunities.
Nothing I can do as an employee that will change the ways of the way this work place management deals with situations. The location in fort smith, Arkansas is just not the best place to work.
You learn a lot that you can take with you to any career. You can develop long lasting friend relationships and meet people with a wide variety of connections
Good place to work and get a start on a career if hospitality your thing. The management team is grest, fast paced during busy days and slow and boring during slow week days .
A typical day of work is an 8 hour shift either 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, or 11pm-7am. The management time here is very good at giving their employees time off when they request it.
Best job I’ve had. Flexible with needing time off, good pay, ok benefits. Great management. Good opportunities but not a lot of promotion opportunities because no one leaves!
The current management does not know how to run a competent hotel. Their needs come above everyone's and have hired all of their friends who have absolutely no experience for the roles they are in. If you are serious about moving up and having a viable job/career, do not go here.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, poor culture
My Family, I will miss seeing them every day. It's a hard job but a fair one. I'm only adding filler since this job site is forcing me to say more about something than I feel I need to.
Even when the job became stressful at times, it was still very manageable and fun. Loved working with the company to provide a positive guest experience.
I am a past employee. Things may have changed. When I was there, it was very fun and there was always something going on. You must be ready to be alone and figure things out yourself.
I love Night Audit the most of all of my customer service experience. In this position you touch every aspect of the hotel industry and monitor and assist in the distribution of vital reports on a nightly basis. You are really your own manager. When challenges arise you must creatively provide and execute the solution. There is no one else present to assist you. Problem solving through excel spreadsheets really maximize the work load and assist in the balancing process every night. I enjoy the quiet time the most vs multiple activity of the day processes in this work environment.
Pros
Flexibility in the day to transact business and limited traffic
Cons
When you are a good auditor, upper management rarely promote you to other positions...
working a the Double Tree In downtown Columbus,I worked with a great team! Management was amazing when it came to customer service. Great location and benefits.
Job is a mess poor management poor everything I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone they work you like a dog and don’t wanna lay you for the work very very cheap
Pros
Cons
Poor
love the hospitality buisness this is a great company to work for fun staff very supportive , meet fantastic guest from all walks of life and the cookies
You are the first and last person guests see and who they come to give praise and compliment or complain. The good guests out way the bad guests and the good guests make this job tolerable.
Pros
Hotel room discounts
Cons
No fixed hours
At the beginning of my job here was great, everyone was trained and got along. Then, in May 2017 a new company took over the hotel and we lost a great amount of people. Ever since the new company took over everything has changed, the atmosphere isn't what it used to be. I've gone through 3 Front Office managers here and only one of them i actually cared for. The employees that work here are great, and it feels like a big family when everything and everyone is working properly.
Pros
Great employees/friends
Cons
Bad managers.
Versatile and hardworking Front Desk Agent driven to improve productivity and customer relations with attention to detail and a professional demeanor.
Management often changing Administration uninformed Over all good place to work, however with potential for advancement Will be kept busy, especially if cross trained
fast paced at times and other times feels like a ghost town. good job if you enjoy working with people and management styles differ from place to place
The mangers seem fine at first but there not. There fake. There defiance of training is they do the basis and not go in to depth. They then hand you a packet of paper and say this is step by step and there we a few things missing on the paper so they would just blame you they are always short staff. It feels like your always in trouble. They throw the word immediate termination around. Makes you never want to work there. Also they mess up on paychecks so you have to keep track of your own hours. They over book and they expect you to not call the guest to tell them. They are just shifty. And the mangers you ask them a question and they just roll there eyes and they do it for you and you don't even know what they did.
Pros
Guest and other employees
Cons
Mangers and management